Runnners Club January 16th Who IS Runnning?

Options
Not Me. It is terrible how cold it is again. All the schools are off out here and it is -15 degrees. I was going to attempt to go out there anyway but got to my laundry room which is close to the garage and said no way. My hand were freezing already. Sooo Sad. I went on my stupid elliptical again. Which is not the same but at least it is something. My poor dog is missing it to she saw me put on my tennis shoes and started stretching(which she always does when I put my shoes on) thinking we were going to run I said no buddy not today. So when who knows I want to move:smile:

Alisha

Replies

• Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Not Me. It is terrible how cold it is again. All the schools are off out here and it is -15 degrees. I was going to attempt to go out there anyway but got to my laundry room which is close to the garage and said no way. My hand were freezing already. Sooo Sad. I went on my stupid elliptical again. Which is not the same but at least it is something. My poor dog is missing it to she saw me put on my tennis shoes and started stretching(which she always does when I put my shoes on) thinking we were going to run I said no buddy not today. So when who knows I want to move:smile:

Alisha
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yea, it has been way too cold for the past couple of days. I did run on the inside track with my workout partner for about 30 minutes, probably 2.5 miles. Today I'm driving to the gym because it's 8 degrees (-12 with wind chill) and doing some yoga! :happy:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    No running for me today. Since the gym was closed yesterday and I ran it kinda messed up my schedule. I just did my Jillian Michales videos & my slim in 6 ab workout.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Same here, Alisha! (I'm just a little south of you in Bloomington!)

I hit the Y this morning, had to get out of the house! I had the whole fitness room to myself, NO one was out at 7AM! :laugh: Got in a great 6 mile run! :bigsmile:

Hope you all are staying warm!

Jess
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'll be running later this afternoon!!!
    Either 4 sets of 5 min (with 2 min walks between) or 2 sets of 10 min runs.
    We'll see what I can handle today! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Good for you! Report back how it goes for you!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I ran a tempo run of five ten-minute miles on the treadmill this morning before work. I'm going to try to run either seven or eight miles this Sunday (hopefully outside!) I agree it is much harder to run on the treadmill than it is to run outside. :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it!
    th_yipee.gif

I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it!
    party-smiley-551.gif

10 min jog
    4 min walk
    10 min jog
    YESSSSSSSSSSS!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options

th_yipee.gif

party-smiley-551.gif

10 min jog
    4 min walk
    10 min jog
    YESSSSSSSSSSS!

good job!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Thank you Tiddle!! :bigsmile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I RAN! :laugh:

3.22 lovely miles and then a little bike ride now I need to go do some housework :grumble: OH, and feed my kids :tongue:

:drinker:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I forgot to log in yesterday. I did 5.5 miles and some ab work after. It was a great day for a run here in FL. Happy weekend!
  • emileecampbell
    Options
    I ran yesterday about 1.5, taking it easy I'm having some knee issues, plus with the 20 degree weather outside its hard to get me going inside on a treadmill or on the track. I'm taking today off but will be back on it either Sunday or Monday.