Protein

Does anyone have any suggestions for me. I'm having a hard time not going over my protein. I do very good with the calories, carbs, and fats. But, I seem to keep going over in the protein....

Replies

• Does anyone have any suggestions for me. I'm having a hard time not going over my protein. I do very good with the calories, carbs, and fats. But, I seem to keep going over in the protein....
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Lots of discussion about that topic here. . .

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. . .
    but here's what I've done after research and asking a trainer.

You can customize your goals. I added in additional protein using this formula: my GOAL weight divided by 2 equals my (grams?) of protein for the day.

hope that helps.:flowerforyou:
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    if u work out then thats good because it builds muscle. If not try reducing the amount of meat, bread, or legumes
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    I'm the exact same way....I've lost over 8lbs since the 2nd, so I'm not going to sweat it...
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    really 8 pounds???? thats really really good. congrats
  • What foods are you eating that are so high in protein? Perhaps you need to cut back on meat consumption. For me, cheese and read meat (particualrly hamburger) are my downfall. I'm going to stay away from red meat all together for a while and try to eat next to no cheese. I suggest to you finding out what foods you are eating that are especially high in protein and then finding a substitute food that will still satisfy you but has a bit less protein.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    What foods are you eating that are so high in protein? Perhaps you need to cut back on meat consumption. For me, cheese and read meat (particualrly hamburger) are my downfall. I'm going to stay away from red meat all together for a while and try to eat next to no cheese. I suggest to you finding out what foods you are eating that are especially high in protein and then finding a substitute food that will still satisfy you but has a bit less protein.

:noway:

No red meat or cheese? WHY, oh WHY?!?! :sad:

There is NOTHING wrong with extra protein! Nada! This site drastically underestimates how much protein the active population needs. Red meat and cheese are delicious sources of protein and sat fat, which are excellent muscle-builders/maintainers. Eat less carbs so you can eat more protein. Carbs are great for energy, but only protein can rebuild muscle mass.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    I also go over in my protien, but I don't think that's really a bad thing- I always thought protien is good for you- it helps build muscle and fights off hunger hormones- you feel satisfied for longer. Protien won't turn into stored fat or anything. As long as you are not eating an insane amout of protien it will not harm you.
  • Well, I'm avoiding red meat and cheese because of fat content, not protein. I was just using that as an example.