Im new to this site

Options
I just turned 40 and I am in desperate need to shed a lot of pounds. I have a 5 year old son and I dont want to be a disappointment to him by not having the energy to do things with him. Motivation would be great! Help

Replies

• aliria
    aliria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You've taken a great first step- this site is great if you're consistent and honest with yourself. Dont let the bad days get you down and keep at it! Best of luck:)
  • bill_i_am
    bill_i_am Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    great start by adding this site, lots of awesome tools and people on MFP, feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm on here everyday!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation. I'm 319 pounds down from 340 and my energy level was HORRID!. Decide to start a change in either your eating or your activity then once you have done that for a week or so make another positive change while continuing what you were doing before. Maybe drop the regular pop and switch to diet pop(water would be best) which doesn't have as many calories or decide not to eat fast food. Baby steps can be a huge step toward your weight loss. Always and I do mean always track your calories honestly. It will keep you honest and help with weight loss too. Thats what I did when I first started and the weight started dropping off. Just don't get discouraged. Weight loss WILL NOT happen over night no matter what the commercial products say. The key is to make permanent changes to your lifestyle and you'll be ok. As always see a doctor before starting anything that you're not sure of. If you have health problems and if you want to join a gym a lot of them have trainers that will consult you for free for the first time or so. Working out is good but you don't want to hurt yourself.
    Doug