Cold cuts- pounds to slices?

Options
Does anyone have a good approximation of how many slices of pepperoni, genoa salami, and american cheese are in a pound each? I want to enter a recipe but all the values are in slices (and also seem a bit off in general). Thank you!!

Replies

• monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It all matters on how big each thing is, like you can get tiny little circle sliced pepperoni or Big ones that fit a slice of bread and how Thick they are sliced.,
  • paperpromisesx3
    Options
    It depends on w here you get the meat. I get my meat fresh from Wegman's Deli -- and their website has a nutrition table on it that I added in. There is no definitive "1 lb = 10 slices". There are different cut sizes as well, so the amount of slices per pound will vary.
  • jencute
    jencute Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh man haha. Idk if it helps any but we get them sliced really thin at the deli, and they're Boarshead brand. Thank you guys!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Weigh them? :wink:
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you're running into situations like this a lot, pick up a cheap food scale, mine is a GODSEND!
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    if you got them Sliced for you. Then they should have how much they weigh on the bag. At least thats what saskatchewan stores do when they Slice for you. They let you choice how thick you want them Sliced and how many grams you want.
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Either
    1.) Get a scale - it's a must-have for tracking calories, or
    2.) When you buy deli meat, divide it into equal servings. If one pound of chicken is 400 calories and you've divided your chicken into 10 servings, then one serving is 40 calories.
  • jencute
    jencute Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    -I really really want a food scale, it's definitely on my to do list.
    - But, I already know how much it weighs. I just don't know how many calories are in a pound of each thing because myfitnesspal doesnt have any of these cold cuts in pounds, just slices.