Any other new moms contemplating breast augmentation after l

Options
This maybe a little TMI to some.I had my first child 7 months ago.My breast have never been ultra perky but I liked them the way they were.I planned on breast feeding but after an unplanned csection because my son refused to leave the womb and had a forced eviction(thats what I'm going to tell him when he gets older),and then running a high fever on and off for 3 days after and it taking the doctors a month to finally find out that I got an infection in my csection incision when I had it done and thats why I kept getting sick.I only got to pump for a few days,he never latched on and I gave up.They were engorged and my mom took it upon herself to use her own remedy of putting really hot wash cloths on them and massaging the crap out of them which actually worked and the swelling went away.When the milk finally left,I was left with two huge DD deflated balloons ,before pregnancy they were average perkiness 38C's.

Point of this post is I'm considering getting a breast lift and implants after losing the weight that I want,which is between 60 to 80lbs,right now I have about 48 to 68 lbs to go.My husband supports me and says if this is what I want he will help me financially to get the surgery.What scares me though is I don't want to end up with another infection from surgery again.I can't think of any other way to achieve the perkiness I want without still having to wear a push up bra.I want to be able to wear a bikini after losing all the weight which won't be possible with my boobs being so....saggy.Is there any exercise that can help at all?I know there will be no possible way to get them to where they used but something that will at least enhance or make them more easier to deal with would work.

I don't think I will fully be happy with myself and my body if the weight is gone,my body is toned but the girls are still hanging like two half filled water balloons on my chest.My husband says he still loves them and they look fine,but just like with weight loss and your weight,if you yourself are not happy with the way you look,compliments from others mean nothing.

Has anyone on here went through with breast augmentation or are contemplating it?

Replies

• jonesz922
    jonesz922 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    :huh:
    I tell my BF all the time if I had the money I would have them lifted, two kids breastfed REALLY changed them. He says they are fine... but I'd like them to sit where they use to be!
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    chest presses build up muscle behind your boobs it helps some
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have breast implants, PM me if you want some info.
  • CurlyQinBama
    Options
    I actually am going to get an augmentation after I'm completely done having kids. I've ALWAYS had a bigger cup than many, so, even now, they're not where they're supposed to be, and I would love them to be where my bra puts them. I only have one child now, but after I'm done having kids, and I get to my weightloss goals (in finale), then yes, I will be getting them done, even after sculpting my muscles into what they're supposed to be. :)

You're not alone!
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'd encourage you to look at some before/after breast augmentation photos. You'd be surprised. Alot of times if you weren't close to perfect before, you're not going to be perfect after.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I would suggest giving more time between the birth of your child and any major changes. It took me at least 16 months after the birth of my first child to be comfortable with my body. Weight loss will have a dramatic effect on your body changes.

Think about giving it some time before making the decision.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction.... but the only advice I will throw out is to wait until you are done having babies (if you plan for more) or the same sag may occur after the next ones :(

And before my reduction, I had sagging massive.... like... I dunno.... twice the size of a DDD? It was insane and painful. Anyhow, I remember how it crushed my self esteem. Now, after a reduction with a great surgeon, I am very happy and confident with mine.

Go to many plastic surgeons. See their 'before' and 'after' pictures. They WILL have them for you to look at. Get the consult and see what they can tell you. Take your time making your decision.

Just my two cents tossed in :flowerforyou:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I am definitely considering it for the near future. I am done having children (breast fed 3) and am really close to my goal weight. But I am a poor student right now...
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have breast implants, PM me if you want some info.

Forgot to mention, I've never had children.
  • angiecraine
    Options
    I AM GETTING A LIFT with small implants. But, only after I'm done having kids. I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old, both breastfed and my boobs are 100% different. I HATE them. I am 5 feet tall and before kids, weighed 120lbs, size 4, and wore a size 34B bra (barely). After baby 2 (and some weight loss), I was 160lbs, size 8, and a small D while nursing, the down to a C once I got adjusted. I am back to a full 36B, 128lbs, and a size 5.....problem is, my boobs have NOTHING up top and it all hangs down. Seriously, it's bad. My husband is also 100% supportive of surgery, even if he doesn't think I need it. I am also getting cosmetic belly surgery to get rid of all the extra skin I have hanging around. My goal weight is 125lbs, but I can never wear a bikini again without surgery, not if I wanna be comfortable.

I blame myself really. I should have been better about watching my figure while pregnant. No one else ate enough to gain 45lbs with baby 1, plus the 15lbs I put on before getting preggers. Then a lot of it was still around for baby 2. I have tried chest exercises to build the muscles, and that worked. I now have nice pectoral muscles.....with saggy boobs hanging underneath them :( I have triangle boobs to the extreme. With a nice bra and a shirt on, I look great.

So, all of that is to say, I am behind you. And I completely understand what your going through and can be here to mentally support you. Good luck to you :)
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    This maybe a little TMI to some.I had my first child 7 months ago.My breast have never been ultra perky but I liked them the way they were.I planned on breast feeding but after an unplanned csection because my son refused to leave the womb and had a forced eviction(thats what I'm going to tell him when he gets older),and then running a high fever on and off for 3 days after and it taking the doctors a month to finally find out that I got an infection in my csection incision when I had it done and thats why I kept getting sick.I only got to pump for a few days,he never latched on and I gave up.They were engorged and my mom took it upon herself to use her own remedy of putting really hot wash cloths on them and massaging the crap out of them which actually worked and the swelling went away.When the milk finally left,I was left with two huge DD deflated balloons ,before pregnancy they were average perkiness 38C's.

Point of this post is I'm considering getting a breast lift and implants after losing the weight that I want,which is between 60 to 80lbs,right now I have about 48 to 68 lbs to go.My husband supports me and says if this is what I want he will help me financially to get the surgery.What scares me though is I don't want to end up with another infection from surgery again.I can't think of any other way to achieve the perkiness I want without still having to wear a push up bra.I want to be able to wear a bikini after losing all the weight which won't be possible with my boobs being so....saggy.Is there any exercise that can help at all?I know there will be no possible way to get them to where they used but something that will at least enhance or make them more easier to deal with would work.

I don't think I will fully be happy with myself and my body if the weight is gone,my body is toned but the girls are still hanging like two half filled water balloons on my chest.My husband says he still loves them and they look fine,but just like with weight loss and your weight,if you yourself are not happy with the way you look,compliments from others mean nothing.

Has anyone on here went through with breast augmentation or are contemplating it?

Use common sense; let your baby finish breast feeding; decide if you will have more children and if you will breast feed them. AFTER YOU have given all deep thought, and lost the weight you desire...then do what YOU desire. Do NOT rush this, or you will be "hacking" yourself often...and we all know what too much plastic surgery can do, it will deform!
  • rebgeo
    rebgeo Posts: 23
    Options
    YES!! I actually was a very large breasted teenager and wished my mom would have taken me to have a reduction way back then but considering she didn't even talk to me about my period and new bras were just sitting on my bed when I got home from school one day well you've probably figured out on your own that she wasn't a "lets talk about it" type of mom.
    Anyways after my daughter was born (by c-section) I breast feed her (never really engorged with her) but I also lost some weight.
    When she was nine months old I ended up pregnant with my son. Totally planned as we wanted our kids close in age. I had him naturally (a vaginal after cesarean - the nurses called me a v-bac for two days) but I also was blessed to breast feed him only with him I engorged and man it was bad. I too sat in the bath with hot washcloths massaging myself as my mom certainly wasn't going to do it! LOL
    While I was breastfeeding my son I followed the weightwatchers program and was very sucsessful. I lost about 40lbs. So I get the whole half filled water balloons!! They suck!! Here I was with this body wearing a size eight and the only thing I saw was these ginormous boobs!! UGH!! I hated them!! I too wanted to wear a bikini or cute lil matching bra and panty sets, but couldnt. :(
    So almost three years ago now I had a reduction and lift. I went to my doc complained of sore shoulders and back (which I had) and he referred me to a surgeon. He was a little torn as the surgery could have been a cross between cosmetic and health. But he did it all under health care. I live in Canada!! Anyways, I had some major complications which has left me with some crazy *kitten* scarring however, I would take the scars over the half filled water balloons anyday!!! In fact I often wish he would have went even smaller. But I'm not a petite girl and he wanted me to be proportioned. I've always said big boobs are so over rated!! LOL
    But I'm totally happy with my new bod! If only I could get rid of these nasty last ten pounds that have seemed to keep back on over that past few years............................LOL P.S. I'm 37 years old, 5'7", 155lbs, size 36D
  • Logansmom2011
    Logansmom2011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone.Trust me,I will definitely think long and hard about it.Any surgery can take a major change for the worst and before I go under the knife I want to know that nice boobs are worth the risk.I used to want at least 3 kids but after having a good pregnancy but horrible birth I'm not sure if I want to risk going through that again anymore.One more baby and I'm done,if I can get past the trauma.You have put a lot of points and thoughts out there I didn't even consider,maybe my body will bounce back and the ladies will perk back up.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I too am having a lift and small implants after I'm done losing weight. I've had 2 kids and ATTEMPTED to breast feed both. But I too became engorged and the twins are now looking at the floor!

I was a B cup most of my life and then they blew up to DD's after the birth of both children...Now I'm a saggy C cup. I like being a C cup, just wish they didn't look like they do now.

Good luck to ya!
  • Logansmom2011
    Options
    I too am having a lift and small implants after I'm done losing weight. I've had 2 kids and ATTEMPTED to breast feed both. But I too became engorged and the twins are now looking at the floor!

I was a B cup most of my life and then they blew up to DD's after the birth of both children...Now I'm a saggy C cup. I like being a C cup, just wish they didn't look like they do now.

Good luck to ya!

do you think our boobs deflated because of the quick engorgment and then the milk leaving all in such a short period of time?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone.Trust me,I will definitely think long and hard about it.Any surgery can take a major change for the worst and before I go under the knife I want to know that nice boobs are worth the risk.I used to want at least 3 kids but after having a good pregnancy but horrible birth I'm not sure if I want to risk going through that again anymore.One more baby and I'm done,if I can get past the trauma.You have put a lot of points and thoughts out there I didn't even consider,maybe my body will bounce back and the ladies will perk back up.

I had a wonderful pregnancy until 38 weeks. My medical care was provided by the Army and was lacking (to say the least). I had horrible complications from a c-section, resulting in a 4 day stint in ICU (starting hours after I was released from the hospital, returning hours later with blurry vision) while my baby was sent home. I swore for three years I'd never have another child. By 4 years, I contemplated the idea but didn't think it would happen. She is 6 now and I plan to have at least one more in life.

My thought here is to give yourself some time on whether or not you want another one, only because for years I SWORE I would never have another one, but that changed. (Of course, we are talking boob augmentation, not removing your ovaries! LOL, so it's not the exact same thing.... I'd just hate for you to spend the money only to have another child and possibly have the saggy boobies again and hate them :frown:)
  • Logansmom2011
    Options

I had a wonderful pregnancy until 38 weeks. My medical care was provided by the Army and was lacking (to say the least). I had horrible complications from a c-section, resulting in a 4 day stint in ICU (starting hours after I was released from the hospital, returning hours later with blurry vision) while my baby was sent home. I swore for three years I'd never have another child. By 4 years, I contemplated the idea but didn't think it would happen. She is 6 now and I plan to have at least one more in life.

My thought here is to give yourself some time on whether or not you want another one, only because for years I SWORE I would never have another one, but that changed. (Of course, we are talking boob augmentation, not removing your ovaries! LOL, so it's not the exact same thing.... I'd just hate for you to spend the money only to have another child and possibly have the saggy boobies again and hate them :frown:)

thank you so much,it really helps to know that someone else got passed a bad birth.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Hey I just got implants on Wednesday. I had my last child a little over a year ago. Hubs and I came into some money we didn't know we would have. I am only 3 days post surgery, but I had a party last night at my house. I get my stitches out Friday. They are still a little high, but hubs and I keep massaging and they are starting to look really good and I am starting to feel less pain!! Msg me if you want more info-my baby wants me to get her a drink-haha!
  • luvmyboys525
    luvmyboys525 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm getting mine done when I finish losing weight. I'm 22 with 2 kids and wear a DD. I'd like to go down to maybe a full C depending on how my frame looks after the weight loss.

P.S. Heat will stimulate milk production, so if you're trying to get your milk to dry out faster, avoid heat on your chest!