?Work out gear (cloths)?

Options
:embarassed: :ohwell: Q: Do you wear a long sleeve or sweat jacket while working out even when its not really cold? I wanna get the best burn and the fastest burn while doing my Cardio but not sure if I should wear this stuff or not,,, I have looked on several sites that have long sleeve stuff for sale even in the summer time??

I'm Kinda a cold person anyways Low Iron helps that out.. I don't wanna have heat stroke or anything just get a good burn...

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I buy things here and there. Just got some great workout tops at Target on sale and have also hit up sales at JC Penney.
  • caramel1920
    Options
    I would say whatever works for you. Try long sleeves and see if you're comfortable. The best advice I could give is to wear layers so if you get too hot you can take the long sleeves off and tie around your waist perhaps.
  • SeeMeShrinkDown
    Options
    I don't believe that getting overheated will make you lose weight faster or get a better burn. It may dehydrate you a bit if you sweat a lot. That said, I dress to be comfortable. Right now, the temps are cool in the am, so I wear a jacket to the gym. Once there, I take it off & just use my short sleeve top.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Sweating is not the same as burning.
    The cooler you keep yourself, the easier it is to burn calories.
    I wear Techwick from EMS(Eastern Mountain Sports), they make me feel 10 degrees cooler.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I like to wear as little as possible, less to get saturated in sweat! But then again I only workout indoors.
  • SeeMeShrinkDown
    Options
    I would say whatever works for you. Try long sleeves and see if you're comfortable. The best advice I could give is to wear layers so if you get too hot you can take the long sleeves off and tie around your waist perhaps.

^^good advice
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Thanks I was just a bit confused about that when I was looking for some new workout cloths since I got rid of mine when I got pregnant with my last child :flowerforyou: :happy: will go try to see what works for me best!
  • jennyjen3
    Options
    I personally like to wear long sleeves or thermals. I sweat a lot more as a pose to a short sleeve.. I'll Share a little something a personal trainer said to me don't over work yourself till your drained and tired take easy the moderate speed helps burn more calories of Fat then rather you're technically going soo fast you really don't burn enough fat. Just you're daily calories..
    Best of luck! Hope you find clothes that makes u comfortable to work out in. :D
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I like to wear as little as possible, less to get saturated in sweat! But then again I only workout indoors.

Oh I do to I wont work out in front of anyone either I feel stupid when I can see my fat giggle! doesnt help to have a tooth pick for a hubby that snickers when I work out!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The burn comes from the inside, not how much you sweat...unless I've got it all wrong!

Anyway, i do wear long pants because I'm quite embarrassed of my legs at this point...so i have a pair of yoga-style that I wear. I wear a t-shirt that has a pocket to hold my phone (for the music). This is my only set of 'workout clothes' so I have to wash them quite a lot. If I work out at home, I usually just do it in my pj's after the kids leave for school. (Lesson learned this morning: even if you're still in pajamas, put a bra on before working out. lol)