Is P90x Scalable?

FitForeverAgain
FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
edited October 3 in Fitness and Exercise
Looking for already fit folks who are using / have used P90x. I would like to lose approx. 6 lbs of fat, to get back to my sub 14% BF. I would like to use P90x as an early morning workout, and do two-a-days several days a week (CrossFit in the evenings / speedwork). My question is how the program is laid out - how many day split is it? How many rest days per week? Is the load scalable for any fitness level? Does anyone have a .pdf of the general plan I can review prior to purchasing the set if I'm interested?

Replies

• FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    And no offense meant to the P90x pyramid folks, but if you're a rep, and have anything to do with selling the program, please reserve your comments.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    There is only one rest day. Three days of strength training. Two days cardio and One day of yoga...which doing in your living room is kinda boring I will say.
    If you've already been lifting weights, it shouldn't be any trouble for you honestly. You can make that part easier or harder depending on how much you lift and your reps. If I can keep up with all the cardio dvds and I'm not as in good of shape and I smoke...you shouldn't have a problem.

here's a link to the schedule

http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    there are 3 programs in P90X. Lean, Classic, and Dual

Lean is suppose to be for people just getting into the program or not wanting to do the full program

Classic is the full program which has 1 rest day built in if you want it, but technically it is a 90 day straight programs

Dual is for people trying to get back into a hard core work out schedule (ie professional athletes) and is set up to do 2 a days morning and afternoon
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    One of the things you'll hear over and over in the program is "Do your best and forget the rest." So beginners can use lighter weights and do less reps, more fit people can use heavier weights, etc. I think you'll do well.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    there are 3 programs in P90X. Lean, Classic, and Dual

Lean is suppose to be for people just getting into the program or not wanting to do the full program

Classic is the full program which has 1 rest day built in if you want it, but technically it is a 90 day straight programs

Dual is for people trying to get back into a hard core work out schedule (ie professional athletes) and is set up to do 2 a days morning and afternoon

I'm doing the lean b/c I find lifting weights boring but I'm also doing a Jillian Michaels DVD with the P90X

I don't follow the meal plan and I've talked to A LOT of people who haven't....I'm not giving up dairy and I won't cut my carbs that low for the first stage of it.

They are good workouts though and I have heard of people (men) doing P90X then a round of Insanity and then doing a hybrid of the two
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    I have found it very adaptable, I run 3-4 days a week and, teach multiple fitness classes so I really don't need the whole program per say, but I use the abs, and rotate the upper body workouts to fit my needs. The program is meant for everyone, including people not that knowledgeable about fitness. If you are already working out you should have no problem adapting it to meet your needs.
This discussion has been closed.