when to stop?

Options
I am nearly at my target weight....i really haven't found this very hard at all, and it hasn't taken very long. The weight is still coming off. i thought i'd get to a point when i would really get hungry or the weight would stop coming off or i would get fed up. but no...so when shall i stop, I can't imagine eating more than I am anymore.

Replies

• russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The mirror or an honest friend is your best bet, not the scale. At least, that's what I found.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    When to stop is based on a lot of how you feel. For instance I am 5'9 and weigh 150. Im in the healthy BMI range and feel great. I've lost 96 pounds since March of this year. I am in maintainance mode, but still slowly losing b/c im not eating 1800+ cals a day yet.
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    My husband doesn't want to see any of my bones sticking out. He said when we met I was too thin (128lbs and I'm 5'6".5). So...I'm going to get down to 145 and see how I look and feel.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Probably time to get your % fat tested to see where you are.
  • HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What I have read says to increase your calories by "around 100" when you are near your goal. Hold that number for several weeks watching to see if your weight loss becomes less. Continue to add another 50 - 100 calories every few weeks until weight loss stops. Then DON'T go back to any bad habits...just find the calorie number that is right for you and eat at that level.
    I haven't got there...so I am only going by what I have read. Hope this helps.
  • Alka97
    Alka97 Posts: 74
    Options
    The doctor told me to never stop being healthy !!!!! Also when you finish loosing weight you should increase your calories intake, not at once coz you may gain all weight back, do it slowly 100cal each 2-3 weeks till u get to a normal daily burn for you :D u can check it on one of those websites :
    http://walking.about.com/cs/calories/l/blcalcalc.htm
    http://www.csgnetwork.com/caloriesactburned.html
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    It's a combo of how you feel and a good friends honesty about how you look. Then you just up your calories and you will slow or stop losing. I am 5'9 and know that I can pull 150 pounds off easily, with room for prob another 10. I want to get to my goal and I will make adjustments as I deem necessary once I am there.
  • thickntired
    thickntired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My mom always said to not go by a number in your head but by how you feel and look. If you think you look great at whatever weight you get that feeling at then that is where you need to be. Congrats on getting close to your goal weight! I can't wait to be there myself one day. Stay strong and positive and keep up the great work! :-)
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Let me first of all say awesome and congratulations for nearing your goal weight. let me also say I am jealous LOL I still have about 35 lbs to go before I reach my goal weight. I don't know how much weight you've lost but I am sure if you've lost a lot, it's going to be hard to get regulated and figure out how to 'stop' if it's still coming off. I would say judge when to stop by how you feel and an honest friend, like another posted suggested, is always a good way to go.

Congratulations again!