mexican food tonight need suggestions /thanks

Options
how13
how13 Posts: 45 Member
hi

going out for mexican food tonight......i do like beef burrito , what else or any other suggestions welcome>>>many thanks

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    In all innocence: fish tacos? Or any tacos.
  • WerePlatypus
    WerePlatypus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually get a chicken taco salad, no bowl, no guacamole, no sour cream - covered in tons of salsa.
  • scarletfever2005
    scarletfever2005 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    chicken fajitas. Just eat what comes on the skillet. No chips, no tortillas. Mix in the lettuce and pico if you want. Works for me, I eat mexican frequently.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    fajitas-you can decide what you put on them and you could even eat it without the tortilla to save you even extra cals. Most tacos are okay. Someone said fish tacos-beware though. A lot of fish tacos are fried-if they are grilled it is better.
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    not to discourage you but i haven't found a way to eat mexican and not completely blow it.
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    I usually go for fajitas now. shrimp or chicken. I used to get Chimichangas (fried burrito). Also, stay away from the chips!
  • papa5280
    Options
    Last time I went to a Mexican place, I had chicken mole. That's something I love anyway, and it was about the best thing on the menu, nutrition-wise.
  • doyoumeangreen
    doyoumeangreen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    at my favorite mexican restaurant I get the fajita taco salad with no tortilla bowl. They look at me a little funny but it's just sauteed chicken or beef or shrimp, peppers and onions and mushrooms, cooked down pinto beans and cheese, and lettuce and tomato. It's delicious.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I usually get the chicken fajitas but hold off on the guacamole and sour cream....darn it! :ohwell:
  • ajtxo
    ajtxo Posts: 13
    Options
    ground turkey Tacos are really good!:smile:
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    chicken fajitas, no tortilla
  • WerePlatypus
    Options
    We eat them every week!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Fajitas, pork, shredded beef. Most fo the meats are going to be fine. It's the chips, tortillas and the sauce that some places feel they have to drown the food in that kills ya. Avoid the refried beans,,,,lard. If I go with a shell of any kind, I go with non fried white tortillas. Most joints will have them if they are authentic. 2-4inch usually have around 150 cals, low fat, lower carb. You can find some great options if you take your time. Instead of guacamole, get the avocado.
  • WerePlatypus
    Options
    ground turkey Tacos are really good!:smile:

Whoops - forgot to quote :)
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Be careful of refried beans some use lard. Rice may be high sodium.

I usually get some sort of chicken dish, opt for corn tortillas, and stay away from fried foods. Practice moderation if they serve big portions.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Yep. Stick to the meats, especially the chicken or seafood that hasn't been breaded or fried. You should be able to get some fajitas or grilled steak. Steer away from the chips and tortillas.

Or... you could have a good old time, work out a bit more tomorrow and move on.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I like burritos, and im sure you can make healthy versions. :happy:
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I always get chicken fajitas but don't eat the tortillas or the chips. I only eat a little of the sour cream and some guacamole.
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I always limit myself to a few chips/salsa, if i deprive i just want more, then get a tortilla soup or shrimp cocktial- super low in cal!
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Beef or Chciken Tacos al Carbon are a good choice. Avocado enchiladas are great.