Am I drinking too much??

Options
2»

Replies

• VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    The lady he is referring too^ died not necessarily because she drank TOO much water, but she did not urinate. The contest was for "who can drink the most without going to the bathroom," which ended up as to why she died. :/

Yes and no, you are correct about the lady from the contest but most deaths from club drugs (ie. Extacy) happen because e makes you parched and you end up drinking a ton and it can overload your organs. I did a report on it in college :)
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    Yep I have heard on many occasions that drinking too much water is bad and can cause Hyponatremia/Water intoxication! It basically is where you drink too much water and lower the blood-sodium levels!! It can be very serious if not treated and can lead to seizures coma and death in very severe cases!!!
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    You should drink atleast 8 cups on an average day. If you workout then drink more. On days I have my boot camp class or work out, I try to drink 10 cups (8 oz each). On days I don't work out, I drink about 2-4. The water helps to flush the salt from your body so if you have high salt intake on days you don't workout, then you want to keep the water flowing!
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    The lady he is referring too^ died not necessarily because she drank TOO much water, but she did not urinate. The contest was for "who can drink the most without going to the bathroom," which ended up as to why she died. :/

Yes and no, you are correct about the lady from the contest but most deaths from club drugs (ie. Extacy) happen because e makes you parched and you end up drinking a ton and it can overload your organs. I did a report on it in college :)

I was solely referring to the lady, not death by water in general. :)