I need comfort food

Options
2»

Replies

• istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I also do the Fage plain 0% fat greek yogurt I usually do half a cup and either mix in fruit, tbsp honey, stevia, 1 tsp strawberry syrup, 1 tsp choc syrup or 1 Tbsp ED Smith jam (use that brand cause its only 25 cals per tablespoon as opposed to most other brands 50-80 cals per tbsp) the half cup of Fage is only 70 cals and the other stuff it depends on what and how much you mix in.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    When I am having an exceptionally bad day I need comfort food. Something I can take to bed with me, curl up with a book and suffer silently. Usually I'd turn to chocolate or ice cream. But I don't want to anymore.

What do you suggest?
    I'd suggest that you change your relationship with food.

A couple of items "exceptionally bad day" and "I need".

"exceptionally bad day" - I rarely have those because I've had quite a few "life lessons". Very few things, including arterial bleeding and exposed bones, are really "exceptionally bad". It has really helped me to keep things in the perspective that, unless it still impacts me in two to five years, it's of little consequence.

The other issue is confusing wants and needs. We don't need much but, especially here in the US, we want lots of stuff! And that's fine as long as we don't confuse the two.

The other issue is that you find comfort in food and that can be really bad news. Food is fuel for the body. It tastes good, it tastes great, it's sexy, yummy, nutritious, and all of that but, once we lose sight of the fact that food is fuel for the body, we, the fat and formerly-fat, start to run into problems. That's why I made the comment about changing your relationship with food.