Mini Milestones Symbol Ideas or Experience???

Options
dreamjo
dreamjo Posts: 104 Member
Hi! I am doing both MFP and Weight Watchers and have recently lost my first 5 pounds. Last week we learned about celebrating the mini goals and in the WW Weekly there was an article about someone who would buy a new charm to put on a bracelet for every 5 lbs to signify her journey. Another woman would put a dollar in her jar for every lb she would use to buy something special for herself.

I already have mini-rewards for myself for the bigger goals such as when I get under 200 I am getting a new shirt, when I get to 175, etc. But I was wanting to symbolize my journey through something for every pound or every 5 pounds.

I was thinking I would love the charm bracelet Idea but was wondering if anyone else had ideas on what you would do to signify your journey for every lb, every 5 lbs, etc. that you can see?

Or has anyone done this? I think it is a great idea!

Replies

• noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have set my mini goals for things like a manicure, pedicure, new bra (Victoria Secrets), $100 shopping trip just for me!!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    The charm idea is great; never even thought about that. I guess it really depends on what you're into.....I've seen people do anything from mani/pedi to a new tattoo/piercing.
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do little things like a mani/pedi. I bought a new Bra - Victoria Secret - because I finally am small enough to fit into the DD there now!

Do things that make you happy. Be it buying a new outfit or spoiling yourself with a massage, or starting the bracelet! I think its a great idea
  • SlenderSuze
    SlenderSuze Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I set aside a 5 lb bag of sugar or flour for every 5 that I lost. It's pretty humbling to see that pile grow and to realize that I used to carry it all around with me day in and day out.
  • dreamjo
    Options
    These are great ideas! I love the Sugar idea SlenderSuze. It's amazing to see how much we carry in the form of something else.

Mani/Pedis sound so nice! When I reach my goal weight I am planning on doing a salon/spa makeover day :)
  • dreamjo
    Options
    Just a little bump :)
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I like to have something tangible. Something that I can wear and see. I recently bought myself a hand stamped ring, and I will get another and stack them for every 10 pounds lost.
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I didn't think about doing something like that dreamjo, a small reward for all the hard work is a great idea, I'll have to start thinking!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!