PIZZA, PIZZA, PIZZA!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    All of the above options are great....I plan to try the cauliflower pizza! That having been said, the occasional meal of "real" pizza won't kill you. I've been eating "real" pizza once a week since football season started (pizza and football go so well together) with no ill effects. Last Sunday I ate 4 small pieces of veggie pizza and had my weekly weigh-in the next morning and lost 4 pounds. As long as you make up for it by eating less calories and salt the rest of the the day, you're fine. Pizza isn't the devil everyone makes it out to be. :smile:
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    I too am a pizza lover. Im on the prism diet, which is no bread, white flour, sugar, ect. So its a whole food natural lifestyle.
    Anywho, I make a zuccini crust. I use a big pyrex baking pan, I spray it with some pam and shred the zuccini - depending on the size, its usually 3 or 4. I squeeze out the moisture and add 2 eggs and about a 3/4 c of shredded cheese. Bake for about 30 mins at 325 degrees and take out. Then add your toppings like a regular pizza. I made one last week with turkey peperoni and onions, peppers and mushrooms. It was yummy. Its also great when you make it a thai chicken pizza. (ground chicken, peanut sauce, onion, carrots and red peppers) It tastes even better the next day. We have made whole wheat dough and that was good too.
    good luck
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I will have to try some of these suggestions. If I do not feel satiated by the alternative dough, I will just use regular dough and be smart about my topics. You guys are right... a treat every once in a while won't kill me! Can't wait to bake some!!!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I will have to try some of these suggestions. If I do not feel satiated by the alternative dough, I will just use regular dough and be smart about my topics. You guys are right... a treat every once in a while won't kill me! Can't wait to bake some!!!

***Toppings***
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I guess you should stay away from chicago style pizza lol :)

favorite is
    Chicago style, wings, and a beer