Cheaters never win? What do you think?

Options

Replies

• MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    No surgery or physical complications. You just get to have the body you want. So would you cheat?

Absolutely.

<<<<< I want these ABS
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I would always know, so no, I could not do it. I'll just work my rear off and be proud of what I have accomplished the healthy way.

bump
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You can cheat! You can get lipo-suction, breast reduction, muscle implants (have you seen Carrottop lately???) I would love to cheat but I am too chicken to have surgery.

Honey, Carrot Top is all real...I used to go to the same gym as him before I moved to WI. He works HARD for his body!

As for me...I honestly don't think I would. Karma always seems to have her eye on me...I usually pay pretty hard for the mistakes and easy routes I take, so no.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options

Absolutely.

<<<<< I want these ABS
    I didn't even notice the avatar..........................LL COOL J right?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could do it. It wouldn't mean anything if it just happened.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I would cheat my *kitten* off
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt I would! No consequences or negative side effects?!?! Heck yes.

However since it isn't possible....I will continue to work my butt of, eat healthy and get my very slooooow but hard earned results.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Never. I hold my honor high.
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options
    If there are no negative consequences, it doesn't hurt anyone, then it doesn't seem like cheating. What is the cheating part? The other examples you are using - they hurt people. They ruined lives. Whether they get punished or not doesn't mean there are no implications for them. Guilt is a big thing. So, if I frauded people out of large amounts of money, I would feel guilt. In this hypothetical situation - where is the harm to others to cause the guilt? Does someone else get my excess weight? Is it illegal to use this method?
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    If there were no negative consequences.....could you still call it cheating?
    Lol, how many CEO's , and banks have gone on trial for the complete scam they ran on America so they could make money?

.....so your saying there isn't any negative consequences to actions like that? Even if they got away with it, how about those who were scammed? There are definitely always negative effects when someone cheats.

If eating nothing but cakes cakes and ice cream and doing nothing but playing video games all day had no negative effects on our health or the health of those around us....then they wouldn't be unhealthy anymore and doing it wouldn't be cheating. Just sayin.

**That said, if I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted without any negative effects to myself or those around me.....yes, I'd do it. I wouldn't feel that was cheating though.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Well, of course cheaters sometimes win. It's like "crime doesn't pay," and Yogi Berra (I think?) responded that of course crime pays. Otherwise there wouldn't be crime. LOL Of course, it's a gamble.

Would I cheat in exercise? Sure. It depends what your goals are, I guess. I want to be hot, but I also want to have a healthy heart, and a strong body; those are the reasons I do this. If I had a pill that ensured I healthily had that, sure I'd take the pill! It's not really a MORALS question for me, in the least, littlest bit.

My morals are more focused on doing good, not hurting people, etc. How I excersize... Um, I guess it just has nothing to do with it. If I could press a button and teleport to Target this afternoon, that'd be cheating compared to having to get there the old fashioned way. But so what? It's not hurting anyone, it's not really a moral concern for me.
  • FauxNinja
    Options
    Of course people would cheat. If every one were committed to getting in shape via exercise and healthy consumption, the diet supplement and exercise gimmicks industries wouldn't be a multi billion dollar industry.

People would much rather take a pill than get off their *ss and get to work.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Honey, Carrot Top is all real...I used to go to the same gym as him before I moved to WI. He works HARD for his body!

As for me...I honestly don't think I would. Karma always seems to have her eye on me...I usually pay pretty hard for the mistakes and easy routes I take, so no.
    Trust me, Carrot Top is enhanced. Yes you have to eat right a work out hard to attain it, but there's NO WAY he gained that much mass in so little time (with very little body fat) without anabolics. I've worked around enough pro and amateur bodybuilders to know the tell tale signs.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    You could sport a bikini and buy all the cute clothes you want at that point? Still no?
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If there were no negative consequences.....could you still call it cheating?
    Lol, how many CEO's , and banks have gone on trial for the complete scam they ran on America so they could make money?

.....so your saying there isn't any negative consequences to actions like that? Even if they got away with it, how about those who were scammed? There are definitely always negative effects when someone cheats.

If eating nothing but cakes cakes and ice cream and doing nothing but playing video games all day had no negative effects on our health or the health of those around us....then they wouldn't be unhealthy anymore and doing it wouldn't be cheating. Just sayin.

**That said, if I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted without any negative effects to myself or those around me.....yes, I'd do it. I wouldn't feel that was cheating though.
    Fully agreed!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    So while training a client we were discussing football and some of the great players past and present. He also brought up that they as well as many Olympians use enhancement drugs (not just steroids, but drugs to enhance their performance) to beat the competition. I didn't disagree. But growing up I was, and I'm sure most were taught this way, that cheaters never win or prosper. Well the more I thought about it, I find the statement more as a "feel good" statement rather than a true one.
    Fanny Mae, Freddy Mac, CEO's of hedge funds, politicians etc. have "cheated" to get money or ahead. Many an Olympian has been busted, but got their money before being caught. There are countless cheaters in the Capitalism market out there that cheat people every day and make millions. So to say that they don't prosper, I think isn't the right term.
    Anyway after thinking about it, it made me come up with this question:

If you could "cheat" your way to having the body/physique in a week, would you cheat to do it? Or are your morals higher than that?
    There's no right or wrong answer here, I'm just curious to see how many would honestly do it and see if cheating is a losing cause in this situation.

So would you or wouldn't you?

I enjoyed the road as much as I've enjoyed the results. Having that instant gratification removes the satisfaction of having put in the hard work to get here, the hours of trying to understand the balance of my body has taught me patience and lessons about myself that I wouldn't have learned otherwise. The gradual melting away of the jagged edges of my psyche while I melted away the pounds and the ever decreasing pant sizes to go along with both. No, I wouldn't give that up, I still relish my workouts. My exercise routine gives me something to look forward to at the end of the day that is purely about me instead of doing something in support of my household, which when you are an aerobics instructor can become a fine line, reminding myself that the dishes will still be there and can wait until I've sweated out the day. Nope, absolutely not.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Actually, just to say, those examples are "cheating" because they hurt someone, are illegal, or are dishonestly breaking the rules of a game agreed to. That's wrong. It's not wrong BECAUSE it's a shortcut. Instead of taking the long route to work, I take a shortcut. it's not morally wrong, it's just a shorter path. If I was lying about it, or hurting someone through it, THAT would be wrong.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    If there are no negative consequences, it doesn't hurt anyone, then it doesn't seem like cheating. What is the cheating part? The other examples you are using - they hurt people. They ruined lives. Whether they get punished or not doesn't mean there are no implications for them. Guilt is a big thing. So, if I frauded people out of large amounts of money, I would feel guilt. In this hypothetical situation - where is the harm to others to cause the guilt? Does someone else get my excess weight? Is it illegal to use this method?
    I used big business, but for example look at Sylvester Stallone. His "HRT" doesn't hurt anyone, yet he's been able to profit (by still doing action movies) from using them. Arnold was a steroid user. Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa basically revived baseball because of their steroid use.
    And trust me, the big business guys felt no guilt or they would have never concocted the scam in the first place. They knew the consequences but since it wouldn't affect them monetarily, they had no guilt in doing it.
    The only real harm in the hypothetical is just your own ethics and how you may be perceived. Barry Bonds broke the homerun record, yet pure baseball fans won't acknowledge it because he "cheated".
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options
    You could sport a bikini and buy all the cute clothes you want at that point? Still no?

I COULD sport a bikini now, others may not appreciate it yet (LOL). To be cheating, there has to be some sort of a negative somewhere. I think it would be a huge psychological issue to transform from 200+ pounds to 130 in a week. My brain would not be able to handle it and it would require a lot of therapy and adjustment. 20 pounds? Maybe. That doesn't change me into a completely different person.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

No I was saying the "cheaters" weren't affected. They made out good. And are still making out good.