I just wanted to lose 2 lbs!!!

Options
Okay, so I'm just whining here...

I busted my BUTT this week with watching EVERY calorie (even that ONE Hershey's Kiss) and getting up every morning at 5:30 to work out and was SO hopeful that I would have lost 2 lbs since last Friday...or ANYTHING...when I weighed myself this morning. I got on and off the scale 4 times, sure that it was lying to me. Alas...nothing...I'm still the same. I thought, for sure, it would show a little progress since it was so easy to get the 5 Christmas pounds to go away in 2 weeks but, nooooo...mean little scale! I know, I know...water retention, plateaus, ups, downs, etc...I know it will come off and I'm going to keep sticking to it but I REALLY felt like I would see a LITTLE. BAH! I'm not weighing myself again until my birthday at the beginning of February. Hopefully I'll have given myself a little present of weight loss by then! And HOPEFULLY it'll be more than a pound or two! :happy: Okay...just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening!

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm just whining here...

I busted my BUTT this week with watching EVERY calorie (even that ONE Hershey's Kiss) and getting up every morning at 5:30 to work out and was SO hopeful that I would have lost 2 lbs since last Friday...or ANYTHING...when I weighed myself this morning. I got on and off the scale 4 times, sure that it was lying to me. Alas...nothing...I'm still the same. I thought, for sure, it would show a little progress since it was so easy to get the 5 Christmas pounds to go away in 2 weeks but, nooooo...mean little scale! I know, I know...water retention, plateaus, ups, downs, etc...I know it will come off and I'm going to keep sticking to it but I REALLY felt like I would see a LITTLE. BAH! I'm not weighing myself again until my birthday at the beginning of February. Hopefully I'll have given myself a little present of weight loss by then! And HOPEFULLY it'll be more than a pound or two! :happy: Okay...just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening!
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    If your scale did like mine, you'll probably see the loss by SUNDAY! :ohwell: I don't know what it is about that mid-week weigh in, but my scale will say one thing on a Wednesday or Thursday that will chap my *kitten* :laugh: , and then by Sunday....poof! The pounds are gone! It's like I have a gremlin in my scale toying with me!!! :bigsmile:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'll check again on Sunday...but I tend to be a little more lazy on the weekends. I take the two days off from workouts. I'll have to make sure to watch more of what I eat on the weekends. Work days are easy to schedule and stick to a routine. Weekends...not so much. I'll try to make sure to at least go for a walk. :smile:
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm a sunday weigh in as well....mid week is bad, my numbers are always wayyyy off....I seem to either stay the same or even gain 1/2 pound....but my pants are a little looser, i'm gaining muscle, so I know my scale numbers may not go down but up...now that's scary :noway:
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    mines doing the same thing to me its so weird and frustrates me
  • upskari4
    Options
    I also weigh in Sunday morning which is also my cheat day to eat whatever I want :tongue: . Maybe you aren't eating enough calories. I have done that before. You think you are doing good and then you don't lose any. Try to eat a little more for your workout calories too. :drinker:
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm sure this will make you feel much better

Two weeks ago.. i'm watching every calorie, exercising like a maniac.. i've never worked out that much.. 6 days in a week sometimes even twice a day !
    I step on the scale.. guess what 3+ !!!!

Well i did throw that scale .. - got a new one :grumble: but I was so mad.. but on the other hand i did make a decision in advance - the scale has controled me all my life.. this time i have decided

no matter what it says- i will do my workouts and take care of the food. -the scale is just a # .. and i shouldn't give it that much power over my life !

Well.. next week i was 5,7 down !

It's worth sticking to it we can do it