BodyBugg

Options
I'm thinking about buying a Body Bugg. Does anyone have one? Do you like it? Does it work as effectively as they advertise? Would you recommend it? Wanting to know before I commit...

Replies

• Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Body bugg???
  • Caldwellsa24
    Caldwellsa24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine rented one from her gym. it might be cheaper than buying one.
  • mebegreen
    Options
    My friend has one and she loves it. I would get one... but then I found out you have to pay monthly to use it... so I am not going to get it. There are other HRM's out there that are good and don't require a monthly fee :) I in the middle of looking for one and for a scale that measures body fat percentage.
  • kellynakamura
    kellynakamura Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVED mine. It really held me accountable for what I put in my mouth...it also was great to see how many calories my body was really burning. They were having a good sale going on.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I use a body media fit. www.bodymedia.com
    I will tell you that I used to wear it 24/7 but have recently only been wearing it when I actually exercise. I like to know with certainty what I am burning and what type of activity during my workout burns most calories. I find that the exercise calculations on most web sites are not a one sized fits all. I like to do alot of different things at the gym during my visit and I can't possibly remember each and everything when I get back home to log it.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hands down THE MOST effective caloric output measuring device yet created.
    Very accurate, just have to keep it clean.
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    Fit bit (http://www.fitbit.com/) is not a bad alternative if you want to avoid monthly fees. Curious if any of these type of products have a non-web based service. Hate to spend $200-300 on a device then have the company go out of business with no way to pull data off it anymore.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

You mean you're supposed to clean it too?!?!

Do I have to wash my arm also? I mean damn....
  • The_Saint
    Options

You mean you're supposed to clean it too?!?!

Do I have to wash my arm also? I mean damn....

LOL you may have to shave your tricep but yes....
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I love the way my BodyBugg measures my calories burned. I hate the monthly fee for the site to which the data uploads. The intake tracking there sucks. The nutritional advice is wrong. Now that I've shed over 100 lbs, half using the Bugg, I'm selling mine. Enjoy the benefits if you get one but a less expensive option is going Primal, see my profile. If you send a friend request, put BodyBugg in the message.
  • mlwestbury
    mlwestbury Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    YES, YES & YES! I love mine! Before I bought it I had no idea how many calories I was burning during any activity. This takes the guess work out of it. The only complaint I have is that the mobile application for Android on my EVO is a bit of a pain. However when it works I can look at the calories burned at noon or before I leave the office and make a decision on what workout to do or if I need to get in an additional activity. Plugging it into my pc I can see exactly what I burned by time increments and the reports are handy as well if you use the application fully.

I don't use the app to track my food because I can't use it from my work pc. But If you can do simple math you can calculate the deficit on your own. Definitly worth the money. I by usage in 6 month blocks. Hell we pay a monthly fee for cable and there is never a damn thing on. I still watch regular old network TV mostly. So hey for your health its worth it.
  • The_Saint
    Options
    It is also far more accurate than a HRM for measuring output during lifting, this is because it does not use VO2Max as a calculation for calories burned.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about buying a Body Bugg. Does anyone have one? Do you like it? Does it work as effectively as they advertise? Would you recommend it? Wanting to know before I commit...
    I liked it when I used it. It is accurate. I just can't stand the food diary on the site. YOU HAVE to put in all the calories, protein, carbs, fats, etc. since the food data base is limited. If you eat the same foods everyday it's not bad, but if you eat out or vary your food choices, it's a pain in the *kitten*. I stopped my subscription a few months ago. I got mine free too since I won it from 24 Hour Fitness.
  • rondahruby
    rondahruby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love my bodymedia fit also. Its not that expensive and you can find some with several months free plans. its quite enlightening to see that i burn only 1800 calories if i sit around in my home office all day, and go out to eat for dinner, versus working around the garage, garden, and house all day (2700 calories). If you ate only the same amount of calories every day, you would be quite miserable. It also measures sleep efficiency, which is interesting. I'm really only getting 5-6 hours a night during the week.
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love my BodyBugg. It takes all of the guesswork out of dieting. If you log your food here, you know your calories in. If you wear the Bodybugg, you know your calories out. It is a great motivator, also. If I see I haven't met my calorie goal and it's 8:00, I'm going to watch a TV show while on the tread mill instead of on my butt!!
  • auntbitsy
    auntbitsy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    MeBeGreen - it really isn't a HRM. Those are only accurate during exercise; BodyBuggs are meant to calculate your burn for the entire day. I've also heard they're not as accurate if you only wear them during exercise, though I don't have facts to back that up.

I love mine and find it well worth the money and very accurate. I input my calorie intake on MFP, then track my burn with my BodyBugg, and then keep a handy spreadsheet to keep my goals in check. (I could just enter my MFP number on the Body Media website, but I prefer the spreadsheet to easily see what my calorie deficit is, and where I've got room to splurge occasionally.)