A Salt Question

Options
I had a bit of an untidy weekend as it was my boy's birthday. Between Friday and Tuesday, I gained seven pounds. I'm assuming this is water weight - although I am a massive cake freak, I did not overeat by anywhere near 24,500 calories. Does anyone know how long it takes your body to flush out excess salt?

Replies

• JRMcCaghren
    Options
    To put it simply: you didn't gain 7 pounds in water weight.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I tried to take a look at your food diary but you have it locked down. Was actually curious to see if you are tracking sodium and sugar and also how much water you are drinking. the water intake is what is going to make the biggest impact on the sodium elimination while also cutting the sodium & sugar intake dramatically at the same time.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Wow that must have been a big piece of cake. HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    Drink a lot of water and get back on track. There is no way you are holding 7 lbs of water.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of an untidy weekend as it was my boy's birthday. Between Friday and Tuesday, I gained seven pounds. I'm assuming this is water weight - although I am a massive cake freak, I did not overeat by anywhere near 24,500 calories. Does anyone know how long it takes your body to flush out excess salt?

Drink lots of water and you should be a peeing fool for the next couple days. I would expect 3lbs or so to drop off after that, but unfortunately the rest might need some extra exercise.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Also, get lots of potassium - it will help balance out the sodium.
  • Hippititimus
    Options
    Have you got a thyroid problem, Mrs Hippi lost 14lb's in 24 hours of water weight when she was given some water tablets for the retention??