Where is my motivation?

Options
I was doing good when I started using MFP. I lost 6 pounds and some inches on my waist and hips. But the past two weeks I have come to a complete stop. This includes not going to the gym, binge eating on ice cream, fast food, and misc junk food. Its like I stopped caring. I don't know what to do. I have days where I feel like I just don't care anymore. I need help!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Take a breath. Clean out the frige and start again. :flowerforyou:
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    We all make mistakes! Just start over and have faith in yourself. You will do it!
  • jkhatun
    Options
    BigMJK,
    i am on the same boat, lets motivate eachother... maybe we can get somewhere :)..
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    I have lost plenty ow weight and I still go through phases where I dont exercise or eat as well as I should. Its all part of the process. You just have to regulate those times so they dont become too disasterous.

I dont eliminate anything from my diet, but I do try to practice some restraint and only consume those things in moderation.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I came across some motivation when I found a video of a man named Ben Davis. He was on a weight loss journey and used running as his exercise. He is featured on the website www.c25k.com. There is a video of his journey there. I found it to be one of the most inspiring moments for me. Within that video you see the quote "If you want to do it, all you have to do is do it".

I know it's not that easy. I am having plenty of ups and downs along my journey but I keep going back to that quote because it's true. It's up to us.

I encourage to check out that video. I have actually watched it a couple of times because I needed the reinforcement.

Good luck!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Is there another reason besides the change of heart in keeping going? I mean is there another stressor going on? Maybe looking at making a mini goal to set your sites on...like 5-10lbs within a few months..I had mine set for Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Year's Eve and my January Bday...

So have you set mini goals..or looking at the main goal?? It would be easier to focus on smaller amounts then to visualize the UGW!! Think about how far you've come..when was the last time you were at the weight you lost...
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    I completely understand where you are coming from. Im like that all the time. this is what i use to get myself back on the weight-loss wagon: look at peoples before and after pictures. It always makes me think, if they can do it so can i. Their defeat is so overpowering it helps for the first couple of weeks to help me maintain a healthy lifestyle and get on the right track. Its never too late to start back up again. Its not going to be easy to stay motivated (trust me, i know.) but with the help of everyone here at MFP i feel like it could be a lot less harder than before. Feel free to add me and we can motivate eachother! :)
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I just came off a couple weeks just like you're experiencing now ~ I was in a total funk! No motivation to exercise or log my food, much less pay attention to WHAT I was eating (which was a little bit of each-and-everything!). Last week, after many encouraging words from my friends here, I decided I needed to snap out of it and get back on track ~ I didn't want to disappoint the people that have been so supportive of me, nor did I want to disappoint myself any more. I'm on my 3rd day back ~ logging both exercise everyday AND my food (making good choices without depriving myself). After all the [self-sabbotaging] indulging I did over the past 2 weeks, I'm feeling a bit pudgy around the middle ~ but I'm happy to be back!! Feel free to add me ~ one can never have too much support! :smile:
  • BigJMcK
    BigJMcK Posts: 22
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you EVERYONE for your support! You all have great advice and inspire me to continue on. Please add me as your friend so we can stay connected and help each other out!