Mayo

Options
fixeruppper
fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
Does anyone have any ideas or recipes of how to make a chicken salad without using mayo.

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You can use greek yogurt instead. Like a plain greek yogurt with a little lemon juice in it.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i have used hummus in place, also olive oil, also have used a light cesar dressing, they all worked well for me, i still liked the taste of it. probably the hummus and the cesar dressing more so.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I use olive oil mayo it has 1/2 the fat and calories of regular mayo and I carefully measure out every tablespoon.
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    thin out some light cream cheese
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have tried and can't do it, it's not the same. I use the reduced fat olive oil mayo by Kraft though, and I just get used to using a LOT less. A little dry, but much better calorie-wise.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Have you tried light sour cream?
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Mix in some avocado.
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    make your own mayo, it's really easy and tastes so good, and you know exactly whats in it!!! Or as said above Total Greek Yoghurt is so good and veratile you can use it like cream and as a dressing you can mix it with all sorts including a bit of canderel ;)
  • fixeruppper
    fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    What do you thin it out with?
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a huge mayo fan...my mom would do 1/2 plain yogurt 1/2 mayo. (:
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    What do you thin it out with?

You can thin it out with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, ummm... water... anything really.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    When Im in the mood for Chicken Salad, I will use regular mayonnaise and not go over the traditional serving... I just adjust my daily menu prior to consuming so I can enjoy the real thing.

I like to add celery, onion, a little bit of chopped walnuts and 1/2 tsp of dried cranberry - ITS AMAZING!
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Yogurt Ranch Dressing.