How often?

Options
How often are ya'll exercising? My plan only calls for 3 times for 3 minutes. I've worked out 20 minutes, 50 minutes, 20 minutes, 40 minutes. Should I work out more?

Replies

• ChristyMomx3
    Options
    How often are ya'll exercising? My plan only calls for 3 times for 3 minutes. I've worked out 20 minutes, 50 minutes, 20 minutes, 40 minutes. Should I work out more?
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i workout everyday
    i havent lost anythign this week but im sure im burning fat
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

3 times for 3 minutes????? :noway:
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think she meant 30 lol....
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week, I do a minimum of 60 minutes of cardio a day, interval training, and i'm into serious weight lifting, so I try to lift for approximately an hour a day working different muscle groups different days.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    probably 5 days a week. if one day i'm just too busy, I just don't go. it's not worht stressing over. But I like the feel after a good workout so if on another day i Have a little more time, I spend a little more time at the gym. I try not to do the same thing 2 days in a row and just do whatever I feel like. That way It's still appealing and doesn't feel like 'work'
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I walk at least 30 minutes every day, often 60 or 80.

I also run 30 minutes or take a 60 minute fitness class on 6 days of 7.
  • loser4real
    Options
    At least 5 days a week, though I try to do 6. Cardio each of those days usually for 60 minutes. Strength training 2 or 3 days on top of the cardio. It’s amazing how addictive it gets. When those endorphins kick-in, whoooeee. Nothing else like it! :smile:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 to 6 days a week. I do 3 days of weights, with at least 30 min of Cardio and the other 2 or 3 days I do 60min of Cardio.
    When I started out I was doing 30min of cardio 6 days a week along with 3 days of weights.
    Good luck!!!
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    AWWW I hate exercise. :grumble:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Don't increase/decrease your frequency based on what others are doing.
    I work out 6 times a week for a reason--I've been doing it for almost 4 years. My body is well conditioned to adapt to the stress of a strenuous training week. But I still get overuse injuries and have to back off to a level that's appropriate for me at that time.
    People here have varied levels of training, so you can't look at someone like me or SG and think "If they work out a lot, I need to as well." If you've just started, 4 days is plenty. In about 6 months, you can bump it up to 5, but for now you should just be focusing on 3-4 days of at least 30 minutes of cardio if you're trying to increase your CV health, and 2 days of lifting for about 30 minutes. So do those two lifting days with to cardio days and take the other 3-4 days to rest. Your body needs time to adapt to these changes, and rapidly increasing your training will result in a decrease in your performance at best, and injury at worst.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Don't increase/decrease your frequency based on what others are doing.
    I work out 6 times a week for a reason--I've been doing it for almost 4 years. My body is well conditioned to adapt to the stress of a strenuous training week. But I still get overuse injuries and have to back off to a level that's appropriate for me at that time.
    People here have varied levels of training, so you can't look at someone like me or SG and think "If they work out a lot, I need to as well." If you've just started, 4 days is plenty. In about 6 months, you can bump it up to 5, but for now you should just be focusing on 3-4 days of at least 30 minutes of cardio if you're trying to increase your CV health, and 2 days of lifting for about 30 minutes. So do those two lifting days with to cardio days and take the other 3-4 days to rest. Your body needs time to adapt to these changes, and rapidly increasing your training will result in a decrease in your performance at best, and injury at worst.

Very well said SBS.
    When I started I could never have done what I am doing now. I started slow. Eventually I was able to increase my cardio and the intensity of my workouts. Even now I sometimes go a little overboard. My trainer even thinks so at times. She even called me crazy the other day after I was done with my cardio (It's in my 1st Blog- Obsessed).

You need to go at your own pace and find what works best for you.

Good luck.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I do 5-6 days a week anywhere from 15-30 min depends on my day. I think it is easier to get used to one thing at a time and I want to get used to the eating first then maybe work up to more exercise. Good Luck and do what feels right for you.:flowerforyou: :drinker:
    Amy:bigsmile:

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary