New but not really

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Tiara. I'm not entirely new to mfp but in a way I am. I joined back in April but when I saw how many calories I was to take in daily, I didn't return. Well, I have a friend that just joined and was inviting me and I let her know I was already a member of the community. She encouraged me to log back on and so far (1 week in) I've been logging in every day. It is NOT as bad as I thought. I guess I was just being greedy and wanted more food. To my surprise, the calorie amount that I am alotted + exercise extra calories is a good amount. I only went over once.
Well, I don't have many friends on here to help me stay motivated so I am asking for ANYONE who wants to add me, do so!!!

Replies

• MelissaSerpa
    Options
    It can certainly feel like a shock to cut your calories. However, you can make it an easier transition by finding foods you normally eat that have fewer calories, whether it's different brands or just "lite" versions. I switched to fat free milk, sara lee whole wheat bread (45 calories per slice instead of 90) low calorie margarine (50 calories instead of 100) having turkey instead of beef or pork, some brands of yogurt are naturally lower calorie (most are 100 calories per container, the Sunnyside brand I buy has only 50 and it's not marketed as low cal) etc. There's a few things I won't go "low cal" on such as mayonnaise or cheese - talk about gross... lol. Once you find foods you like that have fewer calories, it's really not that difficult in the end. It's just a matter of being willing to try new things and to read through labels as you're buying your groceries.
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hello Tiara,
    I am in the same boat. I have been on and off the site since July. I want to be better about it. The site really does help. If I could log in for a week straight, Id be happy.
    Good luck! Sending a request.
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    @kellyJean - If I could log in for a week straight, Id be happy.

Sounds like a good goal - you can do that!
  • VsVibeSpot
    Options
    I just rejoined MFP and it definitely helps me with the calories. It keeps me honest with myself. Welcome back let's both stay the course!
  • TIARAR247
    TIARAR247 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have to get some Sara Lee bread. Thanks.:smile:
  • EaseE
    EaseE Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm here to encourage you! Stay with it! We can do it!
  • carmelmjordan
    Options
    I just added you as a friend, I got really depressed when I saw how much I eat every day. But I think awareness is good step, good luck to you.
  • phoofsmom57
    phoofsmom57 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just record your food everyday, whether good or bad, be honest with yourself. make yourself a comment on your food diary, it helps. It takes about 3 weeks to get adjusted to it for you to be able to stick with it and change your way of eating. I finally am doing what my doctor told me years ago. Do not eat white (white sugar, white bread, white rice) and move for 20 minutes 3 times a week. I don't excersise, I go for walks with music or ride my bike. My friend does water aroebics in the pool. I have lost 35lbs, and my sister 52lbs, this is with these few simple changes. I had the biggest struggle at work, so I bring a micheleans lean gourmet meal everyday to work, they are delicious and only costs a dollar, and eat oatmeal with blueberries everyday, it keeps you full, and has been proven to lose inches on your waist. good luck.
  • Determinedtorunon
    Determinedtorunon Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I truly agree with you on not making the switch on certain foods, I was actually shooked about how many calories I could have. I always heard about 1500 calories or less so I was glad to see I could get 1725. Good luck:smile:
  • Determinedtorunon
    Determinedtorunon Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What type of oatmeal do you use. Right now I am eating Fiber Plus Antioxidants Berry Yogurt Crunch for breakfast and it is really tasty but fiber, need I say more....
  • phoofsmom57
    phoofsmom57 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    nicole, sent you an email