Does anyone else feel this way sometime?

Options
Okay, so I am a size 10/11 and my friend (Who will be called B because I don't wanna give anyone away just in case) B, is a size 6/7. Well, before losing the weight, I was 211 a size 18/20 person. Well, I feel still huge around her. Like I am only 2 sizes bigger than her! And I still feel super fat around her. Like, idk. I feel like I haven't lost any size. :/ Is this normal? Like a phase? :/ thanks.

Replies

• RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    All the time! Then I remember-I'm way faster than her and stronger than her... and also about 4 inches taller and far more toned! :) x
  • KcR327ev
    KcR327ev Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey you!

Its totally natural for us to feel that way! In my opinion, you shouldn't discount your achievements though, you've lost 56 pounds! That's AMAZING!!! Isn't your Current BMI considered healthy? 10 sizes too, wow!

I think you rock and shouldn't pay any attention to your skinnier friends. They just have a different body type. Be proud girl!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Know exactly how you feel. My roommate is a size 0... im a 5. I feel like a disgusting whale around her! :/
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    How fast did you lose the weight? It can definitely take your brain some time to catch up with your body. Sometimes when I'm doing laundry I'll pull my jeans out of the dryer and think that there's no way those will fit on my body... but they actually fit great.

So, I definitely think it's normal and that in time you'll learn to see you as you are now.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yes. Most of my friends are petite, tiny little people and I am athletic and tall. I always remind myself i could kick their a**es any day of the week.

for whatever reason this usually makes me feel better
  • foxylady001
    Options
    Hey my daughter and her friend joined the gymn together. My daughter was almost 22 stone and she has lost 9 stone and looks fab. Her friend only had to lost 3 stone and reached her target weight much sooner than my daughter who still has a few stone to go. Consequently my daughter still feels fat alongside her - so this is quite normal. You have done amazingly well, be proud of YOURSELF the others don't matter. Well done and keep it up. Regards Anna
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I started at the same weight and size you did and have lost 41 lbs, and I do not feel any less huge than I ever did around thin people. I can tell that I have lost weight because a lot (but not all--how weird is that?) of my clothes are too big, but when I look in the mirror I see no change at all. I've been sort of assuming that somewhere between 160 and 140 that would change. Maybe it will for you, too?
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Completely normal. As Tree says, it takes a while for your brain to catch up to the new you. And you know what, you will always have friends or know people who are tinier than you, smarter than you, richer than you and prettier than you. But you also have friends who look at YOU with envy and think all those same things. Don't fret about it, embrace how well you have done and be proud of yourself!