Plateau

Options
Hey, all.

I've been working on losing weight for a while now. When I started over the summer I was just shy of 280 and as of my weigh in today I was at 256. Not all of it is recorded on MFP because I started using it about a month after I started dropping pounds.

I'm curious, though; for the past two weeks I've been stuck as far as weight loss goes. When I started out I was dropping pounds steadily (and quicker than I thought I would), but the past two weeks the pattern has been for my weight to stay at a shelf for 4 or 5 days and then suddenly drop a pound. Then it'll plateau again for 4 or 5 days (and maybe crawl up about a third of a pound) and suddenly drop another pound and a half.

I figure as long as I stick to the plan I'll keep losing, so it's not like I'm having too much trouble with keeping myself motivated, but I was wondering if anybody else has gone through this before. It's not too frustrating, but I just can't figure out why the hell it's happening this way.

Jim

Replies

• RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Weight loss doesn't go in a straight line so just hold on to that motivation.

Also keep in mind that, as your weight reduces, the energy required to make any movement is less - resistance training to build/maintain muscle mass can help.