“Better in the trash than on my hips.”

Options
When it comes to junk food, this is one of my favorite sayings, though I find it hard to live by as I hate wasting anything. I was craving chocolate today, and had room for it in my calorie count, so I bought a bag of cookies from the vending machine. But instead of eating the whole thing, I threw out half of it before I even started. It was hard to do, but I'd much rather use those calories on a healthy side at dinner, and a hour later I didn't miss those extra cookies one bit. So that was my NSV for today :smile:

Replies

• kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Good job! :glasses:
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Wow, THAT was totally not expected! I thought you were going to say that you tossed the last of them! Good for you!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    YES! Love this!!!
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips." This reminded me of this. I should start doing the throwing things out BEFORE I start eating it. Sounds like a good plan
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Ain't it awesome we live in a country where folks throw good food away...YAY America.
  • nasimamiah30
    Options
    what about sharing half of it with someone else. my husband and i share junk food so that we can satisfy our cravings but not eat all the calories.
  • smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great job! That had to be hard, but what a smart decision! :)
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    No, i can't fathom wasting food like that...If i'm not going to eat all of something then i either don't get it, save the rest for later or a different day or give it to someone. Not going to waste food while millions starve just to save myself some calories..
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" Kate Moss.... -.- LOL. I have been known to take one bite of a cupcake and chuck it out after that, I'll take 100 cals over 400 cals, have your cake and eat it too. But I agree, I try not to throw food out, I just don't keep in the house in most cases, and shop responsibly, cake is one of those special things I never make unless its a birthday, or I was bored, wanted to get creative and the kids need a treat.
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I recently froze the other half of a treat for another day. :-)
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Do what you gotta do! Great job!!! Junk food tempts me all the time... I never thought of throwing half out before I start then I can't eat it. Or I just give the other half to my hubby. :)