Question about logging.... just curious :)

Options
2»

Replies

• megz85g
    megz85g Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i log my weeks worth of lunch and dinner as i shop and plan my menu for a week. my snacks during the week at work are always the same and add in my breakfast in the morning while eating and add any extras at the end of the day with my exercise.
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I log right before I eat, I'm logging and planning as I'm prepping that particular meal---breakfast and lunches only.

Dinner, I then plan immediately after lunch is eaten and logged, making allowances here and there for calories remaining.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    After each meal or snack I log.
  • MrsSarahScire
    Options
    for the most part, I try to log before I eat. That way I know how many calories I will be consuming and adjust if need-be. It works well for me and keeps me from overeating with my usual excuse that I don't know how bad it is for me. :)
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    for the most part, I try to log before I eat. That way I know how many calories I will be consuming and adjust if need-be. It works well for me and keeps me from overeating with my usual excuse that I don't know how bad it is for me. :)

Sometimes I will check before I decide what to eat, but I usually count the calories as I make each meal so I know I'm not going over when I sit down to eat and log. :)
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Before I eat. If I log after I end up going way over. If I log before I know that I need to trim it down a bit. This is especially important for me when we have holiday parties, picnics, etc... I don't want to be surprised after I'm done for the day. I actually logged food during a wedding reception once. I saw what people had on their plates from the buffet and started calculating it. "I can add this, this, and this....no that will put me over. How about this, this and this with two glasses of wine? Ok, that works but a slightly smaller portion...."My husband thought I was crazy, but I didn't go over that day. And I'm down from a size 16 to a 4 since January. I think logging works really well.

I pack my breakfast, lunch and dinner in the morning. And log it all by 9 am.
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I log the night before and if I need to make changes I do so before I eat that way I know exactly what I'm getting myself into! haha
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    i log before i eat, every time =) keeps me from making a big oops with not knowing how many calories something is
  • tresye
    tresye Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I log at the end of the day, since I don't eat that much it's easier to remember what it is :)
  • ChristinaK42
    Options
    I have to log after every meal or snack, otherwise, I forget or get into the "out of sight out of mind" mode and end up going OVER my calories...which then makes me throw in the towel and have a bad snack.