fake Uggs?

maura5880
maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
This is super random, but anyone know of any cute Ugg-style boots? I've loved my Uggs but now I'm really embracing my veggie lifestyle & refuse to buy anymore of their products. Just want something warm, cozy, cruelty-free..

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Try Sorel, my winter boots are made by them. I'm not sure if it's cruelty-free or not, but mine are not made of any animal products. I think the website it Sorel.com. They're really high quality and mine cost me about 60 bucks through Amazon.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 373 Member
    Wow - how random. Yesterday on The Daily Mail website, they had an article about fake Uggs...and some very graphic photos of the Raccoon Dogs who are skinned alive to make these boots.

SO glad you want some cruelty free ones!!!! :o)
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 429 Member
    Bearclaw. Those are cute. Also TOMS has some really cute boots. I know. TOMS! One for one!
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    What is wrong with Uggs? I guess if this is the biggest concern on your mind your life must be pretty good :-)

Are they running shoes?
  • Emu's and Bear Claws are great at a lower price. If you want to go super affordable... try JC Penny's Arizona brand, or Target.
  • maura5880
    Chris, Uggs are made from sheep skin--I've stopped eating meat & decided to just have a cruelty-free lifestyle in other ways too. No leather handbags, basically nothing made from animals :)
  • maura5880
    Just looked on Bearpaw website..they use sheepskin too :(
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    By definition Ugg boots are sheepskin boots, so if you have a problem with animal products you don't want Uggs (and I'm Australian, so I should know :smile:)

I've had ones made of fake sheepskin before but they got pretty sweaty inside and didn't feel very nice to wear. I would look for another kind of warm and cosy footwear in this case.

By the way, I always giggle when I see people getting all excited about Ugg boots as fashion wear. Growing up in rural Australia they were considered nice warm slippers to wear at home but if you wore them out in public you were a SERIOUS bogan (which probably roughly translates as redneck, though I'm not sure if that conveys quite the same meaning, it's certainly not a compliment).
    I wouldn't be seen dead in Ugg boots in public, even now!
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Your diet will sure be better... does that include eggs, fish ? Or do you take protein supplements... well if you break down everything into chemicals- almost everything may have been part animal at one time- oil products (plastic) what difference does it make if it was part of the animal more recently? geologically speeking? I could not live without chick, gulp....
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    I have a pair of Emus, I don't know if they were made from sheepskin. Maybe you could pretend the sheep died of natural causes?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Any cheap shoestore has fake Uggs.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    I have a pair of Emus, I don't know if they were made from sheepskin. Maybe you could pretend the sheep died of natural causes?

love it... and hell, why not? ;-0
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    koolaburra is a good brand, and they have some vegan uggs I think ^^
    Also try Mukluks (the expensive brand, not the cheap one...there are two I think ^^), because they have cute boots, but cruelty free as well.

Good luck <3