last 10 lbs (5 kg)...

i want to loose another 10 lbs (5kg) in about 10 weeks
what is the best way of doing this?
should i just keep going for runs, or should i be toning exercises?
i would really like if anyone else had information about how they lost there lsat 10 pounds
thank you x

P.S i am on a vegetable diet at the moment also

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Unfortunately the last 10lbs can come off very very slowly. Our bodies are very reluctant to let go of their very last fat stores. It is a survival thing. Being lean isn't "natural". I think it is best to do a mix of cardio (your runs) and weight training. I'd set your MFP calories to a 0.5lb per week. I know you want to lose a pound a week but that might not be possible and trying for it might actually make you lose slower.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Hi there,

You're on a vegetable diet? Do you mean you're only eating veggies or what?

I'd suggest a sensible balanced diet with lean protein, wholemeal/ wholegrain carbs, lots of water and fruit n veges would be good. Make sure you're eating enough calories and keep snacking through the day so you're never starving hungry.

A pound is a week is a reasonable goal if you work at it.

But do you need to lose those 10 pounds? You look reeeally slim in your profile pic (if that's you and an accurate representation). Maybe have a look at your BMI and/or talk to your doctor. You may need to adjust your mindset more than your weight.

Good luck on your journey!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Hi there,

You're on a vegetable diet? Do you mean you're only eating veggies or what?

I'd suggest a sensible balanced diet with lean protein, wholemeal/ wholegrain carbs, lots of water and fruit n veges would be good. Make sure you're eating enough calories and keep snacking through the day so you're never starving hungry.

A pound is a week is a reasonable goal if you work at it.

But do you need to lose those 10 pounds? You look reeeally slim in your profile pic (if that's you and an accurate representation). Maybe have a look at your BMI and/or talk to your doctor. You may need to adjust your mindset more than your weight.

Good luck on your journey!

^^Yes, All of the above.
This discussion has been closed.