Hiya

Options
ajm07
ajm07 Posts: 32 Member
I don't need friends :) I'm here for the cool barcode scanner and that's it!

Doesn't mean that I don't want friends. So add me! It would be good to watch other peoples progress though.

Here's my deal: Running is the best thing there is. Just not for my knee. I'd run all week if I could but can only handle about 1 run at the moment. Hoping to do another half marathon one day if my body lets me.

So without being able to run as much as I want, instead I've joined a Gym. I'm going to give this whole strength training a real go, for the first time in my life. This is also tricky because my lower back has problems, so I have to take it very slowly. Ahh bodies can be frustrating.

I'm only a few kg off my goal weight, I'm hoping being a few kg lighter will help avoid injuries while running, and weight training.

Seeya round.

Replies

• deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Since you mentioned low back problems, PLEASE make sure and research as much as you can the exercises you want to attempt. You'd be amazed how almost any exercise can cause microtrauma in the spine if not done correctly. If you're not sure about something in particular, ask a staff trainer for assistance. I see it all the time, rounded backs, improper grip, poor technique. It makes me sad :cry:
  • tresye
    tresye Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    what cool bar code scanner... still very new to this place :)
  • ajm07
    ajm07 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Cheers deathstar for the tip, thumbs up.

If you have the MFP app on your phone, you can just scan barcodes (milk, cereal, bread, mars bars..) and it brings up the product and the calories. It's too easy :)
  • tresye
    tresye Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cheers deathstar for the tip, thumbs up.

If you have the MFP app on your phone, you can just scan barcodes (milk, cereal, bread, mars bars..) and it brings up the product and the calories. It's too easy :)
    ohh ok, thanks, that's awesome. Thanks for the info!