soft foods(fork tender)??? any suggestions???

Options
i am a gastric bypass patient!
so, im looking for new foods, heres my guidelines:
high protein(10-20grams)
no-low sugar(less than 5grams)
no-low fat(less than 5 grams)
no caffeine(0)
low calories(i eat less than 800 a day)
and of course, nothing crunchy, crispy, it must be fork tender!!!
any ideas???

Replies

• tarajlyman
    Options
    Try Lowfat 1% cottage cheese. 4oz(serving size) is 81 calories, 1.2g fat, 3.1g sugar
  • tarajlyman
    Options
    Oh and it has 14g protein :smile:
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I just made a fantastic dish in a crock pot that is perfect. I call it Old Mother Hubbard Soup

Take 6 small red potatoes & quarter them.
    Put two large chicken leg quarters (frozen is okay)
    Add 2 cups of vegetables (I use frozen vegetables
    2 cans of White Bean Chicken Chili
    2 cans of Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup
    4 cloves of garlic
    2 Tbsp of Dried Basil
    1 Tbsp of ground Cinnamon
    1 whole cinnamon stick
    1 Tbsp of Johnny's seasoning for Poultry
    salt & pepper to taste

Turn crock-pot onto Low setting for 9 hours. The chicken will be SUPER moist & tender, literally falling off the bone. You can fish the chicken out & serve it as a main dish, or remove the bones & put the chicken back in. I ate one of the chicken quarters as a meal & used the other to add protein to the soup.

The reason for cooking the chicken quarters in there is to let the soup flavor the chicken, and the chicken to flavor the broth. It reheats VERY well, and if you prefer gluten-free, use a different chicken soup for flavoring that doesn't contain noodles.

As described above, with the inclusion of ONE chicken quarter in the whole recipe, this has 269 calores per 1 cup serving, 41g of carbs, 5 grams of fat and 16 grams of protein.
  • anelahm
    anelahm Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    non fat greek yogurt, chobani/fage are my favies:) low carb, low sugar, no fat, high protein. smooth and soft texture.