Running Again

babyfatz
babyfatz Posts: 9
edited October 3 in Fitness and Exercise
What's a good pace to start running again? I haven't jogged in a long time.. Should I start with just walking around for 30 minutes for 2 days before doing jogging rounds?

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Walking for a while before to build up seems like a prudent idea. You don't want to start too fast and do too much else the pain will get you to stop faster then you started.

Build up on your stamina and muscle and do some intervals, the C25K program is great to start or restart running.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    I'm back to running after a couple of years of not doing it. I swear by the C25K. It's got me back into it in a lovely, structured, safe way. I really like it. Planning to do the follow on programme to 10k when I'm done.
  • it's my first time to read about C25K. will search materials for it. this may just be the perfect starter program for me.

my officemates and i are planning to join a 5k charity run in a month, i hope to get in shape and not embarass myself in public..
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    It's great if you have a smart phone - does all the interval timing for you, and for me, that takes the stress out of it all.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Yup, C25K is a great way to get going.
    Google it and see if you like the look of it. If not there are a heap of other apps/programs to get you running, google - beginner running training and you'll find heaps of ideas!
This discussion has been closed.