I hate being sick

Options
I canbarely work out. I need some pointers on how to kick this thing out of me. Thank god it didnt hit me as bad as everyone else but i feel like dirt. I have the sore throat that itchy cough that makes me almost sick and a little bit of congestion!!! Any one have any remedies????

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I canbarely work out. I need some pointers on how to kick this thing out of me. Thank god it didnt hit me as bad as everyone else but i feel like dirt. I have the sore throat that itchy cough that makes me almost sick and a little bit of congestion!!! Any one have any remedies????
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    I was ill a little over a week ago, so I tried doing strength and toning exercises in bed--crunches, leg lifts, bicycle motion and plank crunches (lying flat on the bed and raising your legs until your legs are perpendicular to the bed). Someone just said be careful if you have a fever, because working out can make it worse.

Drink plenty of fluids, and hope you get better soon! :flowerforyou:

You ever try Mucinex DM? It's a little pricey, but works for congestion!!!
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    This tastes terriable :frown: but my husband takes oreganol in water. Couple of drops in glass of water. It clears up the cough and congestion. Also my sons doctor said for a sore throat suck on a lemon drop. I hope this helps.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better really soon. :flowerforyou:
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    You may think that it's gross, but the best way that I've found to get over being sick and I have heard alot of raves about is a sinus rinse kit. You can find them as plastic bottles or many other variations. Look it up online or ask a doctor where you could buy one. I was wary, but it really works. It's rinse equipment along with a saline powder and you just mix it with warm distilled water. Hope you feel better!!!!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    You may think that it's gross, but the best way that I've found to get over being sick and I have heard alot of raves about is a sinus rinse kit. You can find them as plastic bottles or many other variations. Look it up online or ask a doctor where you could buy one. I was wary, but it really works. It's rinse equipment along with a saline powder and you just mix it with warm distilled water. Hope you feel better!!!!

For sinus congestion this is the best. Look up neti pot. It is alittle weird at first but I feel so much better when I use mine everyday. You don't need to buy the special powder. It's only non iodized salt.

For sore throat some ginger tea might be nice. Peel a piece of ginger. Slice of 5 or 6 thin slices. Steep for about 10 min in boiling water. Add alittle honey & lemon. I really like this tea.

And most importantly, rest and drink plenty of fluids. You'll have plenty of time to exercise after you are feeling better.