Starting to get really hungry. I MEAN REALLY.

2»

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    My first question if you are getting REALLY hungry (and not just wanting a little treat but "ready to gnaw someone's arm off "hungry) is: are you eating enough? You don't have to starve yourself to lose weight, in fact you'll probably find it easier and be more likely to keep going if you are getting enough healthy food in you to be satisfied - and still lose weight.

If you are only eating 1200 cals (and I'm guessing this, because sooooo many people on here are) then change your settings so you choose to lose 1 pound or 1/2 pound a week. I promise you can still lose weight at this rate and if it takes a little longer - well really that doesn't matter, what matters is that you don't get so hungry and pissed off that you give up.

THIS! ^^^

I did 1200 for a while, then had to up to 1400, then 1500, then 1600 to lose the last few, now 1800-2000 to maintain.
    If you feel starving than you are not getting adequate nutrition.
    If you make your diary open I can help you. It's hard to tell what's going on if nobody knows what you ARE eating....

Maybe our theory is wrong and you are netting 1500 a day, in which case I don't know why you're "starving". But if you are trying to "stay under" 1200 for some crazy reason (that's way too low) then THAT is why you are so hungry. It's your body's way of telling you that you NEED to eat. Fill it with nutrition and it won't crave the crap.
  • mezzosoprano89
    mezzosoprano89 Posts: 81 Member
    There's nothing wrong with having some chocolate in your day, or a treat now and then, this is a lifestyle change so depriving yourself of things will only lead to a binge. I eat special k chocolatey chip bars or chocolate drizzle bars, skinny cow milk chocolate bars, light ice creams....the list goes on. I know my roommate also likes the fiber one brownie bars too, I haven't had them yet, but I'm sure they would be a nice chocolate fix.

My first week doing this I tried to cut out bagels entirely and I couldn't do it because I absolutely love bagels, so instead of getting rid of bagels, I just switched to thin bagels and now haven't had to run to a Tim Horton's to satisfy my cravings (which the first week...I was doing a LOT).
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    great advice. Also, why are you dieting? I look at it as a lifestyle change. Your diet has a end goal in site, then you can go back to your old ways. I changed how I eat, so I can never go back to eating all that junk.
  • Odwalla bars- Especially the Chocolate Chip peanut bar or the Choco-walla bar. If you don't like those, try the Kashi Chewy or Crunchy Chocolate Almond bars. All of these choco fix bars are 99 cents or under. The price of a "bad for you" candy bar. Enjoy!
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    I think it is really important to fit that stuff into your calorie intake or you will break eventually. I like fudge sickles for a chocolaty treat they are only about 99 calories and delicious. I currently have a broken jaw and I'm living off of soup and protein shakes. I'll tell you I'm about sick of chocolate. Eat some chocolate and remember it could always be worse, you could have your jaw wired shut.. lol