any one els have this problem during "that time of the month

Options
Does any one els crave chocolate candy and junk food like IMMENSELY when there on there period! how do i deal with this! i went on like a crazy binge last night where i ate like alll the candy & junk in my house.
i was fine all month. i was able to put off all my cravings, no problem.
Noww, i have like No self control, Absoulutly none. i ate till i felt sick. its bad how impulsive ive been with junk food these past two days.
and now im just bummed & feel realy guilty :(

Replies

• shanieeee
    Options
    story of my life.
    i just sorta go with it, apparently its okay for your body if you do it because your metabolism freaks out and burns it all off (most), but just do not weigh yourself!
    especially if you're like me and you like bloat/retain fluids as well!
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I get it but have found that if I manage to not cave in to it by drinking lots of water ect when it stops I've lost quite a bit.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Yup.

my sugar cravings at that time of the month is a demon!!!

I also bloat a lot so dont feel great either.

I indulge but instead of having a chocolate, i have a single sweet etc. That way I'm not tempted to gobble down a whole slab of chocolate.

And let's not even start on my moods!!! I'm an emotional eater so I'm really trying hard to hold it in during that time :explode:
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have cravings to eat, rather than sweet stuff but since weve got rid of all the crud in the house...i have to drink instead so its not too bad!
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have cravings to eat, rather than sweet stuff but since weve got rid of all the crud in the house...i have to drink instead so its not too bad!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I actually get it the week before. It drives me nuts because I don't know why all of a sudden I can't resist crisps, chocolate or high fat/salt/sugary foods and then Mother Nature turns up and I'm all 'Aahhhhh, that's why'.

I usually have constant heartburn and (embarrassingly enough) wind when it's actually happening. I never want to eat while she's here.
  • jess3012
    Options
    i crave bread and sweet things when im due on! i got some rice cakes to help try curb them!
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, all so familiar!! Bloating, wind, sweet things, savoury things.... evil monthly temptress! I'm normally craving a week / few days before. And here's the part where I confess to eating a picnic and cherry ripe last night...