Running NSV!

Options
CarolynB38
CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
I haven't run for about a week (possibly longer) due to the really hot weather we just had (29C some days!) and my joints have been stiff and painful and I've been feeling generally very tired. I went out today for a run thinking it was going to be really hard getting back into it. I was dreading it! I had got so I could run for 20mins without stopping and I really didn't think I'd be able to make it that long today. Well, how wrong was I! I started off gently (joints still rather crunchy) and after a couple of minutes I seemed to settle into it ok. I was running my usual route which takes around 22mins but when I got near the end I didn't want to stop so I took a detour home. I ran for 31mins WITHOUT STOPPING!!! I don't even feel particularly tired either. I think sometimes it is worth listening to our bodies. The rest obviously did me good :bigsmile:

Replies

• Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great NSV :)

Really inspiring as I'm on a bad knee break from running and really worried about how I would do when I start again. Hope I do half as well as you.
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    What does NSV mean?? Sorry to ask but I'm a little confused :)
  • eresin
    eresin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean?? Sorry to ask but I'm a little confused :)

Non Scale Victory, it's when we see progress which isn't necessarily weight loss.

I find that giving your body a few days rest then getting back into running helps inprove me too.
  • SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    ah but dont do what I did once....just till 200cals, just ill the end of this song, just one more lap, just this just that, did 6.5 k in the end, made me ill the next day....
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Thanks heaps for that! :D
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    In that case, WOW!! Thats a great NSV!! :D Well done :)
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yay, that's great! I've also found that sometimes a (short) break actually helps. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!