Trying the 30 day shred for the first time.

Options
So after reading up and seeing a lot of success stories on here I'm doing jillian Michael's 30 Day shred DVD.
I'm on day 3 and have loved it so far, although i'm a little achey today!
Does anyone have any tips?
What kind of foods & when should i be eating during the 30 days?

Replies

• DShayShay77
    DShayShay77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day Shred I bought the DVD in 2009 and try to do Level Two a few times a month (I think its harder than level three). Its a great video as are most of Julians. Are you doing all three levels each day or one at a time? If you are only doing one 20/25 minute workout a day I suggest doing something active but light afterwards for another twenty minutes like walking. I love working out at home- let me know if you need more suggestions for good videos.
  • hehasbalrogsocks
    hehasbalrogsocks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have it on my computer but i don't have any room to do it in my house. :( As soon as my sister leaves for grad school, i'll have more room though. I hope.
  • robynnatasha
    Options
    Good idea, i'm only doing it once at day at the moment so it would probably be beneficial to go for a run or something afterwards! I havent tried the other levels yet, but i bet they will kick my butt!
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Robynnatasha,

Snap - I am also starting the 30 day shred and am on day 4. I am a gym goer but i have completely stopped so probably should do just more than 20 minutes - but I think I'm going to learn all the moves in level 1 2 and 3, then gradually get back into the gym and mix them up with different weights etc. as I only have 1.5k weights at home. Slow and steady wins the race after all!
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hello,

I spin three times a week so I try and do a shred or two on days inbetween.

Did a double shred last Saturday - Level 1 and Level 2 back to back = it was a killer but it was worth it!!

Done about 10 sessions at Level 1 and 1 at Level 2 so far - be time to try Level 3 soon!!! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! :)

Good luck!
  • robynnatasha
    Options
    I am buying some weights today as i didn't have any at home, I just used waterbottles haha!
    I've never tried spinning before but it is definitely something i'm open to try! Need to get fit again!
    When i have more time perhaps this weekend i'm gonna do workout 1 & then try 2!