Death in Running

Options
2»

Replies

• ilbcnuz
    ilbcnuz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    One day, awhile back, I was jogging peacefully with the dogs, who started to lag behind. When they finally ruined my pace, I looked back and they were carrying a dead cat that had been run over previously by a car. They wouldn't drop it, so we finished the run, me in the lead, a bloodhound with the cats head in its mouth, and a short stubby basset hound with the tail in it's mouth. It created quite the uproar in the small town I live in.
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm a small time killer. Mostly snails, the occasional worm like Scoob. I see a lot of road kills though (not my fault!)

I'm proud to say that not once have I ever squished or killed a snail.

Mainly because I can never catch the quick little buggers...
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Ha too funny. I haven't run into any critters... yet. The squirrels are all over the place, but thankfully not under my feet!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    One day, awhile back, I was jogging peacefully with the dogs, who started to lag behind. When they finally ruined my pace, I looked back and they were carrying a dead cat that had been run over previously by a car. They wouldn't drop it, so we finished the run, me in the lead, a bloodhound with the cats head in its mouth, and a short stubby basset hound with the tail in it's mouth. It created quite the uproar in the small town I live in.

That's messed up LOL
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would probably cry if that happened to me.

Luckily, the cute little animals have plenty of time to get out of my way since I don't run very fast!
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm stuck at work for a good part of the night so (while I don't encourage the harm of animals) THANK YOU for making me laugh! :laugh: The image of these two events are just to much. How exactly could this happen!? Ha!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Ugh Joe... yuk!!

Okay only thing I've personally mack'd (I'm not counting the car...that's just too high of a death toll)... is when I was growing up riding my bike I ran over a snake... I can *still* feel the sick sqISH bump BUMP of both tires going over it and I turned and looked back and saw it 'wobblety' off into the grass with the gash across it's middle.

And yeah, I stopped and ran back to see if I could find it and save it... Good thing I didn't, probably would have bit and killed me.. :ohwell:

I guess I'll stick to running the treadmills and ellipticals... I don't think I could take ending a baby squirrel... *ugh*
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I don't even like squishing snails on the footpath, and luckily nothing else seems to get in my way.

I thought you were going to be talking about how bad running is for you - my family are all worried about me because a man in his 30s had a heart attack and died at the finish line of the 12k race I did in August. It's a tragic thing to happen but it doesn't mean that will happen to everyone who runs (ie me!).
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options

This made me laugh so hard! Probably because I have two dogs and this would be something that they'd do. But they'd fight over who got to carry the cat! Heck, they "argure" about who gets to go up the stairs first in the morning. Oh the mental picture you've painted for me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: "You carried the head already, it's my turn! You carry the tail!" "No I found the cat I get to carry whatever part I want! Moooommmmm he won't share the dead cat"
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Acckkkk!!! That's not what they mean when they say you have to make sacrifices to train for a race!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I thought of this thread today when a squirrel jumped out in front of me while I was running and I came about half an inch from stepping on him :grumble:
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You may want to include an amount for damages due to mental and emotional trauma.
    Don't look at what happened or will happen as tragedies. You may be helping to maintain decent squirrel and bird populations in your city. You're performing a public service! The city government should be sending you monthly stipends!

Great idea!!! I'll send them the bill! LOL

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH