new to the community

Options
waxon81
waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
Hey there guys and girls. Ive been using my fitnesspal for just short of a month now. I have to say it has completely changed the way i eat, and see food. Ive been doing the p90x workout programme for nearly 8 weeks and have dropped almost 25lbs of flabby weight, and this app has been a MASSIVE part of that progress. Im looking forward to gaining some serious muscle after i get down to around 165lbs, which wont be long now, and i will be using myfitnesspal every step of the way for that too. Any others out there out there in a simular boat (perhaps not with the muscle building for the ladies, but certainly with the fat loss element)? Please feel free to add me as a friend so we can keep each other motivated. Good luck with your 'journeys' and in acheiving your goals.......

Replies

• wolfcounty
    Options
    haha i just did the same thing mostly. ive lost like 60 pounds in the last year and a half with most of it coming off from recently graudating p90x and im 2 weeks short of finishing the insanity program now! im almost down to 165, and as i have been dropping the weight quickly have been having to slowly pump up my calorie count, because though this is around the weight i want to be. i def want to start focusing less on overall weight loss and start adding more muscle.
  • waxon81
    Options
    yeah, p90x has done wonders for me, i havent posted any 'before' photos yet, but needless to say i looked nothing like i do now. Weight loss has been rapid (beyond all my expectations), and because of this i have lost some muscle. But im not letting that bother me too much, as im pretty clued up on how to gain the muscle now, without gaining much fat back on. A mate of mine has told me i can use his copy of insanity after ive completed p90x. is it worth it then?
  • wolfcounty
    Options
    well, if you are at the point where you wanna focus more on muscle and less on weight loss... id say skip insanity. though over all it is brutal and will definitely work on your core. likely do a blend. it is the most intense cardio i have ever done, but im still seeing some strength gains. great boost in my endurance, but just not the same kinda of strength training p90x has to offer.

it really puts the p90x cardio to shame though. plyo is a joke comparatively haha
  • waxon81
    Options
    gotta be honest, my 2 favourite p90x workouts are plyo and ab ripper, so im definately interested if its another level up, i sweat like a beast in plyo, but i do 50 reps on ab ripper instead of 25's. just want to see that elusive six pack. I may do some sort of combination of weight training and 2 days a week with a cardio routine from p90x and insanity, not forgetting the ab ripper, i will definately keep that up
  • wolfcounty
    Options
    haha if thats the case. DO INSANITY! it is nuts. the ab ripper is actually better than the phase 1 ab disc, but the over all workouts all hit your core pretty hard and the cardio is insane. its an absolute blast. i dread it every morning until im half way through, and then i still kinda hate it, and once the last stretch hits. im like high. lol