If you've had kids...

Options
2»

Replies

• Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!! Thanks everyone. I'll keep plugging at it!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am smaller now than before preg. 30lbs less than before preggo and 90lbs lighter now than when 9 months preggo
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ps I would also like to point out that I gained nearly 2 stone with my pregnancy (3 if you include the baby and her fluids!!)
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Its deffently possible. I weigh 119 now. I haven't weighed that since I was sixteen.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. My whole life I was a 12/14 or a 16 at my highest. I'm now a 4/6. Totally possible...although a guy at the gym asked me how far along I was last week...so I guess the pooch is hard to totally get rid of. :sad:
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Can you really get back to the size you were before you had kids or is it just not possible? What do you think? What's your experience?

yes since I was 184 when I got pg with my first child and I`m currently 177 and in better shape thanks to strength training :) so absolutly.
  • megmariew1
    Options
    Obviously from all the posts above it is possible to get to pre-baby weight and even less. At this moment I am 20lbs less than when I get pregnant with my 2nd child and only 20lbs away from being smaller than I was when I got pregnant with my first. However, I will always have jiggly skin on my tummy unless I surgically remove it. I have absolutley no elasticity in my skin. If you have good genes though, you probably won't have that problem.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    For some people, they can get pretty darn close from what I've seen. I was a size 3, and I had small hips so I'm assuming I cannot get back into a 3 no matter how hard I try because my hips are slightly larger now. And I will never have a flat stomach because having twins that equaled 10lbs, my stomach looks like a tiger used it as a scratching post :(
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Can you really get back to the size you were before you had kids or is it just not possible? What do you think? What's your experience?
    Yes you can. I did - I was around 72kg (158lbs) and rising when I first got married. Had a baby, got to over 80kg (176lb) and after 1 year was down to 56kg (123lbs). Then up and down abit through 3 more babies, now 56kg, fit, no belly. If I can do it, anyone can.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

I'm smaller than I was before my son was born, I'm actually the smallest I've been since high school. Look at my pictures, when I was pregnant I stopped looking at the scale when I was 6 weeks out from my due date and the nurse said "194." Now, I was fit and over weight before hand, and I think some people's bodies go through more trauma than I did (particularly when we're talking twins or more). I had no abdominal wall tearing and I took my time getting back into the swing of things, which I definitely think helped.
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options

YES. Size, and then some. I'm in the best shape/fitness I've ever been in. My experience is that I am more motivated now than I was before having children. I guess I was starting to notice changes that I didn't like, and after having two natural home births I knew my body was an amazing thing - and I didn't want it to go to pot. Today is the day. Make some good mottos and do something toward your goal every day - whether it's something relatively small, like giving up a cookie, or something bigger, like running an extra mile (or two), or lifting weights for 10 minutes. You won't regret it. It is possible!!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yes. I got back down to pre-PG size (12) after my first child. After my second I got down to a size 6 (I hadn't been a 6 since 9th grade). Finally, just now, after my 3rd kid I am back down to the 6 again.
  • Caz2678
    Caz2678 Posts: 49
    Options
    YES! I got back to my pre pregnancy weight after i had my two girls. My belly never recovered tho!!

I am trying to lose my current baby blubber! My baby is just 5 months old, so i figure i have another 4 to achieve my goals. 9 months to put it on, and hopefully it will only take 9 months to get it off!

I do agree with the person who said its harder as u get older.....definately true lol
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I got back to the weight I was before I had kids, I put it back on when I hit my 40's. You can do it :)

*this*
  • melsy78
    melsy78 Posts: 65
    Options
    I want to weigh less than I did before I started having babies (now that I have finished having them!)
    My oldest is 6 1/2, my youngest is 2 months.
    However my hips are definitely permanently wider and my bust is certainly a lot bigger than when I started! (started at a NZ 14 dd and am currently sitting at about a 16 h) and although they should decrease a bit I am fully aware they will never be the same again!