Feedback on 30 Day Shred - have you done it? How did you go?

Options
Hi everyone :)
I just bought '30 day shred' by Jillian Michaels, it should arrive next week. I'm a bit scared lol!! :)

What's your feedback on it? Have you done it? Whats it like? What were your results?

I need something to kick start me back into losing weight, I'm eating well now and am back to being very active and exercising well, I just need something else, particularly for strength training.

Did it work for you?? Your feedback is most welcome :)

Good luck on all your journeys, and feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like to :) All the best! :)

Replies

• fairygirl716
    Options
    bump
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Im in my first week of it, and its a great video. Its not too difficult, easily personalizable and right when you start really hoping its over soon, lol it ends! Its so short, even those with little motivation can get it done and over with. It will definitely be a great start :D
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Thanks heaps for your feedback! That sounds right up my alley lol! I hope it works for me too :)
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm awaiting the delivery of my copy! Lots of people say it is amazing and there are some great pics on one of the success story posts on here where someone used it! Good luck!
  • robynnatasha
    Options
    Im on day 3 and pretty achey! Should i keep going through the ache, some say you should take a break?!
  • Jleigh417
    Jleigh417 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4, and it's getting easier by the day : ) The workout is short, so you don't get bored easily or want to quit. But I do have to say that the first day kicked my butt, lol. I was sooo sore the next day, but pushed myself to continue. Good luck.
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've started and quit a few times with doing the 30 DS ... I've never actually done the 30 days completely lol .. BUT! it really is a great workout .. I'm just a baby when it comes to pain .. but if thats your thing, and you do this for the full 30 days, you'll see amazing results.

Also, it seems like alot of people who have done the workout dont really lose a ton of weight ... they lose inches like crazy though! And if you look in the Success Stories forum, the before & after pictures speak for themselves

I'll have to give it another try .... eventually =p

GOOD LUCK!
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Im on day 3 and pretty achey! Should i keep going through the ache, some say you should take a break?!

I pushed through it and modified when I needed to...it will get easier :happy:
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Thankyou everyone for your feedback!!! :)

I'm a bit of a baby when it comes to pain too lol but am willing to give it a try if it means these pesky inches will start to shift! :) I'm glad to hear it works for some people and that it hasn't killed anyone yet lol ;)
  • nirvana1
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I'm nearly finished, I have a week left (I'm on day 23) I have a facebook page called Claire's 30 Day Shred. I have loadsa updates and pictures of my progress if you'd care to have a look and follow!
    I have only dropped 2 pounds but I'm not very overweight or anything, I'm mainly doing it to try and get some definition and up my endurance. I can see that I have lost inches though.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    It is a great workout and one of the great things about it is that it is only 20 minutes. I am on day 3 of level 2 and I am lovin' it !
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Nirvana1 - great work!! :) I need to both lose weight and tone up, so I figured I'd try and attack it from both angles lol ;)
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    It is a great workout and one of the great things about it is that it is only 20 minutes. I am on day 3 of level 2 and I am lovin' it !

Brilliant work! I hope I come to love it too! :)
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I`ve gone threw it once and you won`t believe the change until you do it lol lost not only weight but inches and starting to see some defenition in my arms and abbs now. Level two is painful imo but worth it :)
  • CurlyClare78
    Options
    I'm on day 18 - had to have a break because I sprained my wrist (not from that) so I'm back on it but doing some other exercise when they do plank/pushup type moves and using my 1lb zumba sticks rather than the 1kg weights I was using. I'm still feeling it and had to get back on it because after the first few days it's addictive. That's the key - you have to get past the first few days then it's tough but brilliant. I used to pause the DVD inbetween circuits for a lie on the floor and a little cry but I love it now and I think I'm gonna send Jillian a christmas present :smile:

Also - my abs are improving loads - I have never in my life been this good at sit ups - it's amazing. I seem to have lost it from my back and the sides of my waist. My problem areas are my pot belly and my bingo wings which are improving but people are noticing the waist going in and I've had to tighten my bras
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    LOL I'd be on the floor crying too but I think I'll do it in my bedroom so no-one sees me cry lol! ;)

I'm so glad to hear that. I'm prepared to do the hard yards to get the results - I'm so cranky with myself getting to this point, its motivating lol ;)
  • CurlyClare78
    Options
    LOL I'd be on the floor crying too but I think I'll do it in my bedroom so no-one sees me cry lol! ;)

I'm so glad to hear that. I'm prepared to do the hard yards to get the results - I'm so cranky with myself getting to this point, its motivating lol ;)

That day where you do the whole thing without needing a lie down on the floor to cry is a great day!! :laugh:
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options

That day where you do the whole thing without needing a lie down on the floor to cry is a great day!! :laugh:

LOL I can't wait for that day then!! :P Sent you an add request by the way :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 27! I wasn't doing any exercise before (was at healthy weight but all fat and no muscle) so if I can do it, you can do it! I don't say it was easy... I had to do a lot of the modified exercises (and still do for some of them) and sometimes had to stop for a few secs but it's manageable, even if your physical condition is non-existant.

I didn't lose much weight (plateaued for 2.5 weeks) but lost many inches around my waist and hips. I really don't regret it and plan to do more JM work-outs in the future!
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    I'm on day 27! I wasn't doing any exercise before (was at healthy weight but all fat and no muscle) so if I can do it, you can do it! I don't say it was easy... I had to do a lot of the modified exercises (and still do for some of them) and sometimes had to stop for a few secs but it's manageable, even if your physical condition is non-existant.

I didn't lose much weight (plateaued for 2.5 weeks) but lost many inches around my waist and hips. I really don't regret it and plan to do more JM work-outs in the future!

That sounds wonderful - thats what I'm looking for. Perhaps I did make the right decision after all! :) Thanks for your feedback and well done! :D