Skinnylicious menu at the cheesecake factory.

Options
2»

Replies

• ashlielinn
    Options
    It is great, but you need to be careful! Some of the "skinnylicious" things aren't really that "skinny". The spicy chicken salad on it is great!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Having some "wiggle room" (leftover calories) is always a good thing when you eat out.

Restaurant nutritional info is often off by as much as 30% and there is absolutely NO regulation on restaurant nutrition labeling. Since foods are prepared to order, that leaves further room for variation from location to location: all it takes is a little extra oil, sauce,or something else, and all of a sudden you have a couple hundred extra calories that you didn't count on.

Yeah I know about the 30% thing (sucks), thats why I usually count my meals with a hundred or so extra calories when I eat out just to be sure.

Me too. I usually round up portion sizes too just to be sure.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I went there on Monday & had the margherita flatbread pizza--delicious! :)
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Love the lettuce wraps - has a nice "sandwich-feel" to it. Jimmy Johns has a nice one too. Now if we can just stay away from that tempting cheesecake. Thanks for the info!
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Where can you find the calorie count for the cheesecake factory? It's not on the website??
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Thanks for Posting! i love the Cheesecake factory but havent been in a couple years! the new menu looks good!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Where can you find the calorie count for the cheesecake factory? It's not on the website??

it's a brand new menu so they really only give you the calorie content and thats actually on the menu, you could google it though I have found some info our there, try hungrygirl.com and type skinnylicious menu into search, they did an article on it.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Do they offer sodium content info?
  • kristizzzle
    Options
    Restaurant nutritional info is often off by as much as 30% and there is absolutely NO regulation on restaurant nutrition labeling. Since foods are prepared to order, that leaves further room for variation from location to location: all it takes is a little extra oil, sauce,or something else, and all of a sudden you have a couple hundred extra calories that you didn't count on.

Certain states do have legislation for restaurants considered "chains", over 20 locations. Calories must be posted on the menu in which you order from. There's only a few states that have put these laws into place - I know that Maryland is one of them - but hopefully with more support it can be initiated in more places.

For Cheesecake specifically, I can't even find the nutrition info on the skinnylicious menu on their website .. however, all of the choices and variety of choices look great!! I won't order anything though until I can access the full nutrition info.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    The Skinnylicious menu is amazing. I went there for my birthday and event the Skinny cosmo was awesome. My only deal is that the full nutritional info wasn't posted on the Cheesecake Factory website. My sister emailed them a complaint about that and they are apparently working on it. :)

But yes, it is yummy.