Getting kind of tired with exercise.

Options
Lately, I feel a little tired of exercise. Any motivational tips? Also, I feel my weight is dragging and not moving along faster. Its kind of frustrating me. I've lost 9lbs since november but now it is starting to all feel tiresome. I know I have to do this. But, some words of motivations would help.

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Lately, I feel a little tired of exercise. Any motivational tips? Also, I feel my weight is dragging and not moving along faster. Its kind of frustrating me. I've lost 9lbs since november but now it is starting to all feel tiresome. I know I have to do this. But, some words of motivations would help.
  • happenstance82
    Options
    You don't HAVE to do this...you WANT to do this! Riiight? Hahaha. It's going to be spring soon and then summer after that. Think about the fun spring and summer activities you will have more energy for if you stick to your plan! If you're getting kinda tired of exercise, maybe you're bored. Try something new =)
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Maybe try something new. Get a new DVD, sign up for a class, plan a workout date with a friend... something to get you excited about working out again. Remember that working out doesn't have to be work... it can be fun too!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Just keep at it. If anything...you're maintaining, not gaining!! That's a really really good thing.

Try a class? Get out there with other people who you can joke, laugh, talk with.

I'm in the "lull" right now and know it's the weather. What I wouldn't give for some sun!!!
  • NoraEE
    NoraEE Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My favorite trick is doing exercise while watching TV. I started jumping rope a year ago in my living room, and I always put in s DVD or something first. It makes the exercise less boring and feels like I'm getting a reward for working out before I'm even finished! Sometimes you just have to trick yourself into doing it. :happy:
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    swimming burns a lot of calories--even at a leisurely pace. I'm looking for a WII my friend has one and
    LOVES it!!!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Defintley switch exercises-it's better for you to do so anyway. What do you like to do? Pick up a fitness magazine. There very informative and can remotivate you. I like Oxygen, Women's Health and Shape.
    4.gif
  • rmarlow
    rmarlow Posts: 64
    Options
    Don't give up yet...you're just getting started. Another person is right...you WANT to do this...not NEED to do this. Think of how much your losing weight can help you live a healthier lifestyle. Keep on pushing through the boredom. Try a different exercise to get out of a bored state.

127484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I started a new exercise routine about 2 months into my diet.

Are you eating enough calories and carbs? I found I didnt have enough energy to work out because I wasnt eating at the right time.

Now I make sure to eat 200 cals or so about an hour prior to working out. A banana with tblsp of peanut butter or crackers and lowfat cheese are 2 of my favs!

Good luck Mango...I KNOW you can do this!!

:flowerforyou: