OK, it's time

Options
Hello everyone! I guess it's time I did this introduction thing. I have been using MyFitnessPal for almost a week now. I downloaded the app for my Android phone and it has been quite educating.

I am 65 years old and my goal is to lose about 80 pounds in the next year. That's about 1.5 pounds per week. Before MFP, I would have said that was crazy, and it would never happen. MFP has shown me in the 6 days I have been using it that I was wrong. It is NOT crazy, and it CAN be done (even at my age). No, I didn't say it would be easy, but it can be done if I am intelligent with my choices. MFP helps me do that.

Looking forward to what the next 51 weeks holds for me...

-Howard

Replies

• cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey. I was a doubter before MFP also. I still have those who try to pass out their negative thoughts, but with MFP I have a good group of supporters to cancel out the negatives. I have more to lose than 80 lbs so I will be here a while!
  • Chaos5150
    Chaos5150 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Howard, way to go getting on the health kick. You're right, you're never too old and its hard for people at any age. I'm having a hard time and I'm 37! feel free to add me if you like, and congrats! :)
  • mike737
    mike737 Posts: 68
    Options
    Good choice bro. It will get tougher than your first week, but, if your strong you'll do it.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Great first step! We can do it! I am 58in and love MVP as much at 17walmart days as I did at day 1, or more. Always happy to be a friend.