Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any New runners out there? Couch to 5k Plan?

2»

Replies

• KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 577 Member
    I am in Week 7 of the c25k. I am using the treadmill version found on www.c25k.com. I would love to run outside but workout at 4:30 am and cannot convince myself to venture outside by myself!

I should be finishing the program right now but went on vacation and found I had to repeat week 7. I am running at 4.4 mph. I find it amazing to watch my own body transform. 7 weeks ago I struggled to run for 60 seconds and now - I'm running for 25 minutes! I never would've thought it possible . . .
  • jaimieht
    jaimieht Posts: 106
    I just came inside from doing week 4 day 1. Which has 2 stretches of running 5 minutes at a time, and I am proud of myself for pushing through it.

When I started, I felt like I might die running 30 seconds or a minute... now it takes a 5 minute stretch for me to cry :). It gets better and I know I will be so happy when I complete it.

Walk/Running a 5K on October 16th. :)
  • I'm a proper newbie to this one, I've just done week 1 day 1, but I managed all the jogs, so I'm happy. I think my jogs may not have been too much different to my walks, and it was mostly my boobs moving, but its a start. Bring it on
  • So I went and did it, I registered for the 5k on October 29th (my first one). Right now on week 7 my current time with walking and jogging 3.1 miles is 42 minutes. I would really like it closer to 35 by the end of the month. Here goes nothing lol.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    So I went and did it, I registered for the 5k on October 29th (my first one). Right now on week 7 my current time with walking and jogging 3.1 miles is 42 minutes. I would really like it closer to 35 by the end of the month. Here goes nothing lol.

I was going to quote your earlier post and encourage you to go ahead and register, but now that I am seeing this all I can say is WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!

You will do AWESOME!!!!!!!

I have been doing C25K off and on for a little more than a year now. I just finished my 10th 5K last weekend and posted my best time yet (32:59). You will have no trouble at the end of the month. Have fun and kick butt!!!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Im thinking about doing it, not sure yet though
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Im thinking about doing it, not sure yet though

I am new to this as well. I will be doing day 2 of week 1 today. I liked it and you work up a sweat! Even better... :) I will be doing mine on a treadmill. A lot of people do it on pavement so either one is fine. Good luck to ya!!! :) Wish me the same. lol
  • tammylwv
    I am in Week 7 of the c25k. I am using the treadmill version found on www.c25k.com. I would love to run outside but workout at 4:30 am and cannot convince myself to venture outside by myself!

I should be finishing the program right now but went on vacation and found I had to repeat week 7. I am running at 4.4 mph. I find it amazing to watch my own body transform. 7 weeks ago I struggled to run for 60 seconds and now - I'm running for 25 minutes! I never would've thought it possible . . .

Congrats! You are a pro next to me. Is the treadmill version much different than the reg. program? The thought of running 25 or even 30 minutes straight seems foreign to me but I have to trust that I will get there using the program. :)
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 577 Member

Congrats! You are a pro next to me. Is the treadmill version much different than the reg. program? The thought of running 25 or even 30 minutes straight seems foreign to me but I have to trust that I will get there using the program. :)

I don't know the regular program - I have only seen/done the treadmill version. We live in a pretty rural, next to nothing area so I'm not comfortable running outside by myself. I like the treadmill though - it works for me.
  • gleechick609
    gleechick609 Posts: 544 Member
    So I went and did it, I registered for the 5k on October 29th (my first one). Right now on week 7 my current time with walking and jogging 3.1 miles is 42 minutes. I would really like it closer to 35 by the end of the month. Here goes nothing lol.

I finished my first (last weekend) at 41 minutes and I am only on Week 5 of the program! So I have faith that my time can only go down from there!
  • tammylwv
    Just wanted to give you some more motivation. I did the C25K program from coolrunning.com also back in 2009 and I have now run over 20 races including 6 Half Marathons! Stick with it, it really does work! My ticker doesn't show it because I reset it at my new weight, but I lost 115 pounds primarily with running.

Congrats on your releasing 115 pounds! Awesome job. That's what I am looking to 'release'.
  • jagspal
    jagspal Posts: 75
    I too started this program thanks to MFP had never heard of it before. I am on week three with one more for the week to go. I find it easier not to do back to back days. Good Luck to you, ad me if ya like!
  • I'm in! I started it last year--got all the way up to week 7 and moved, which shouldn't be a reason to drop it, but I did. I just started back up today!! BUT--I jumped in at week 6, and although it was tough I did the day two 8 minute runs this morning! I might do that day a few more times before I try the 20 minute run. It is encouraging to see you all doing it too! :)
  • sunflowertimes
    sunflowertimes Posts: 85 Member
    I on finishing week 4 tonight. I love the program. Feel free to add me if you want to support each other.
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    I just finished the c25k program yesterday... today I ran 5km for the first time as a rehearsal for tomorrow's 5K race and the results are: 5Km, 34min 56sec, 32Celsius and more than 30% humidity in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, my weight 136Kg. BLOODY HELL!!

THATS AWESOME!!! Congrats!! Please let me know what your official time is tomorrow!! :)

My official time in the 5K race was 31min 56sec, i was 38th out of 76 contestants. My goals were: Finish the race / No walk and I fulfil my own expectations by finishing running the race!
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    I really liked it at first. I did week 1 for 2 weeks now, and my knees are killing me. I'm really like the program and found it pushed me just enough. I'm upset I haven't been able to go out the past few days. I am going to look into getting a real pair of running shoes before I continue.
  • I am starting this tonight after work, picked up "proper" (read expensive but reccomended for my feet etc) running shoes today at lunch so now need to use them and justify the money I spent!

Bit nervous as not a runner at all and although I am reasonably tall - definitley not built like a runner.

Good luck with the shoe hunt, I have a dodgy knee (ACL injury some years back) so am a big believer in decent shoes.

Let me know if you need some motivating - god knows I will!
    :-)