just need someplace to vent

Options
I started this new diet and exercise this year shortly before my 35th birthday. Everything including stumbling upon this site was going great. My father who has been fighting extensive bone cancer for near a year now has started having seizures. After getting out of the hospital with his first round of seizures he learned that he now has at least one small mass in the rear of his brain. They were to start radiation tomarrow. Today he had another siezure and has lost his ability to speak, he can only start a sentence with the first word like, "I" or "me" and then trailes off and gets frustrated that he can't convey the information he's trying to get across. He's only 65. I'm about 800 miles away, my mother is coping the best she can with it, she seems numb to whats happening. I have been cooking and cleaning all day, I'm not hungry. I don't know why i'm posting this.

Replies

• furrflys
    Options
    I started this new diet and exercise this year shortly before my 35th birthday. Everything including stumbling upon this site was going great. My father who has been fighting extensive bone cancer for near a year now has started having seizures. After getting out of the hospital with his first round of seizures he learned that he now has at least one small mass in the rear of his brain. They were to start radiation tomarrow. Today he had another siezure and has lost his ability to speak, he can only start a sentence with the first word like, "I" or "me" and then trailes off and gets frustrated that he can't convey the information he's trying to get across. He's only 65. I'm about 800 miles away, my mother is coping the best she can with it, she seems numb to whats happening. I have been cooking and cleaning all day, I'm not hungry. I don't know why i'm posting this.
  • happenstance82
    Options
    You're posting this, because, like you said, you needed a place to vent. You're choosing to express yourself instead of holding it in. That's a good idea =)
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Vent away! That's why we are here. :flowerforyou:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Please vent, that's what friends are for. Even if we don't know each other one on one, we are your friends! :smile: Keep us in the loop on your father's condition. You and your family are in my prayers!
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    I am so sorry to here about you dad. :cry: It most be so heartbreaking to see your dad go through this especially when he is only 65 years old. You must be devastated… :frown: I understand the feeling of being so far from the people you love and feeling so hopeless and powerless of changing the situation.

I think you did a great Job on venting! :bigsmile: I know if I vented more often, I would defiantly eat less :wink: perhaps someone should start a tread...

Feel free to send me a message and let me know how I can help you during this most difficult situation. Take care and hang in there:flowerforyou:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who was having flu-like symptoms for some time including vomiting, dizziness, etc. The doctor noted that her left side was weaker and didn't quite react as it should. After checking her out as thoroughly as possible her doctor deceded to send her for a CT scan. The CT scan showed a mass at the base of her brain in the back and immediately admitted her to the hospital. The mass was removed and, since then (about 2.5 months ago) she's regained her strength, her motor skills are great, and her symptoms are gone. I hope that, with treatment, the mass that has been found will shrink and his motor skills will come back and his other symptoms will disappear. I hope the story of my friend will give you some hope for your father. :flowerforyou:
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Sweetie I am so so sorry. Youc ame to the right place...were all here to hold each others hand when we need it. Do what you need to do for youself right now, take care of yourself, your feelings, your emotions and never be afraid to reach out to anyone! Let things take priority that you need them to, because this is life.
    Please feel free to send me a buzz-e/mail or whatever. I've been down that road myself and I do know what your feeling-
    I'm so sorry- I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. Stay strong- were with you!
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    You've come to the right place to vent. As a Dad of a Daughter that I just love with all my heart, I'm glad you shared your vent.

I'll be praying for your Dad, you, and your family, as loving him through this is invaluable.

Please...Vent on, and be at peace.
  • furrflys
    Options
    Hey, I just came in to log some stuff and I am overwhelmed with everyones support and prayers. Thank you so much, everyone, for you kind words. We are driving up tomarrow to see him (Dad) in the hospital and see what we can do for mom. I'll be off for a few days but I will update everyone when I get back. I can't thank you all enough, so many people in such a short time have helped me in so many ways. :flowerforyou:
  • furrflys
    Options
    We drove up that weekend to see dad in the hospital. He was healthy other than the fact that he was saying "Home depot" and pointing to his feet. We later learned that he was trying to say "shoes". Turns out it was a stroke probably caused by a mistake with his blood thinner he takes. After a few days he started to "come back online" and now can comunicate nearly like his old self. He still has problems understanding the television, saying that "it sounds like it's stuck on a spanish station". I coulden't be more thankful. I was pretty sure that it wasnt going to come out this good. They did more scans on his brain and could not locate the mass they had seen on earlier scans, so they will continue to moniter it, but will not go ahead with the radiation treatment. wonderful news as just dealing with the bone cancer is enough stress.
    I of course blew my diet all to heck being on the road and ordering pizza for dad in the hospital! But I'm back now and under heaps less stress. So I'm "Back on the horse" so to speak. Luckly I didnt gain any weight during my lapse.
    Thank you to all that expressed your concern and support:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    11_2_104.gif

(I'm no good with verbal stuff in times like these so I just send hugs)