alcohol downfall

Options
2»

Replies

• TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Make a decision now on how many drinks you limit yourself to (be it 2 or 5) and stick with it. Drink low cal liquor (wine, hard liquor straight up, or hard liquor mixed with diet something or club soda) and not a bunch of margaritas and other fruity/pop filled drinks. Drink a glass of water in between each drink (helps the hangover the next day as well as staying full) and eat an hour BEFORE you go out to drink as that usually makes you feel less hungry after you finish drinking for the night.

And yes, all of this does work. You don't have to stop drinking to continue to lose weight; you just have to be smart about it. Pretty soon it'll be easier to keep the motivated frame of mind and you won't desire any food post drinking.

Not saying I know anything about this since I've never had a drink in my life. I swear!:blushing:
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Make a decision now on how many drinks you limit yourself to (be it 2 or 5) and stick with it. Drink low cal liquor (wine, hard liquor straight up, or hard liquor mixed with diet something or club soda) and not a bunch of margaritas and other fruity/pop filled drinks. Drink a glass of water in between each drink (helps the hangover the next day as well as staying full) and eat an hour BEFORE you go out to drink as that usually makes you feel less hungry after you finish drinking for the night.

And yes, all of this does work. You don't have to stop drinking to continue to lose weight; you just have to be smart about it. Pretty soon it'll be easier to keep the motivated frame of mind and you won't desire any food post drinking.

Not saying I know anything about this since I've never had a drink in my life. I swear!:blushing:

THANKS so much for your advices! Since I'm living abroad in a city with a very low cost of living, everyday (every week) feels like holidays. This means that my friends and I go out way more, and who says go out more, says drink more!!

I started MFP about a month ago, but I was still unable to behave myself on weekends and on drinking. (I love to drink, and more than half of my gained weight comes from drinks themself and post-drinking snacks)

Your idea of setting up a drinks limit is very great. I'll try this trick this weekend and see how it goes! It's hard to believe you never drank! :-P
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Having one day a week that you go a bit overboard is ok.

I usually try to plan ahead and exercise lots if I am planning to eat and drink more. I also try to have a some water between my drinks.
  • sonicat
    sonicat Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks so much! it's great to know others have the same issues. Good advise,I will follow this tonite,wish me luck!x
  • jennabta
    Options
    I hear ya! Funny how the mind can convince you that whatever you're about to eat is really NO BIG DEAL when alcohol's in the system. (Actually, NOT funny - pretty irritating.) Someone needs to come up with calorie-free alcohol that makes food look disgusting. :)
  • heatherldietrich
    Options
    I drink vodka soda, with a slice of lime. Zero calories from the mix, it keeps you hydrated and no sugar = no hangover.