Daily Weigh-ins...

Options
I cant stop weighing myself every day. I know it's not sensible but i'm just too impatient...

Anybody else do this? I need to stop because I'm getting a bit neurotic about it!

:frown: :frown:

ho hum

Replies

• DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I cant stop weighing myself every day. I know it's not sensible but i'm just too impatient...

Anybody else do this? I need to stop because I'm getting a bit neurotic about it!

:frown: :frown:

ho hum
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    yup, everyday! you're not alone :)
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Once a week is a better indicator because your weight can fluctuate a few pounds from day to day.
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    you go up by whole pound even though you've been really good previous day?
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    If you base how you FEEL every day by what the scale says...STOP! If you don't seem bothered by it and have no issues after a daily weigh-in...more power to ya.
  • kajudalu
    Options
    I have to fight the urge REALLY hard to not weigh myself everyday. I have only been doing this since the first and have made a conscious choice to only weigh myself once a week. In the past, with other diets I have tried, I would weigh in every day and it drove me nuts because my weight would fluctuate by as much as a few pounds.

I really advice to fight that urge and only weigh in once a week, you will be happier with your progress if you do. :smile:
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    If you base how you FEEL every day by what the scale says...STOP! If you don't seem bothered by it and have no issues after a daily weigh-in...more power to ya.

Sadly I do feel worse when it doesn't read how i would like... it motivates me a bit more, but preoccupies me far too much. I will try weeklies but i guess i worry that i need to keep track or i might get a nasty shock at the end of the week.
  • happenstance82
    Options
    I know how you feel...it's hard to resist! I just bought a scale that tells you your weight, body fat%, muscle mass%, water weight% and bone mass. It's cool info...but I'm trying to contain myself and only weigh in on Sunday mornings.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Weigh in 2 days a week?? Enough to keep you going and know what's up without giving too much up too soon. Maybe in a month or two...drop down to 1 day a week. baby steps!! :smile:
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    I blame my wiifit...it asks me if i want to do a body test every time i get on. I cant resist that little square bar steward...
  • stormysmom
    Options
    I was up to the point I was in the gym bathroom crying. So I have been making myself walk past the scale. Trying to not check to often.
  • charlie1173
    Options
    Do you have a cheat day? Weigh yourself on the morning of your cheat day..And only that day. Then, you'll see more progress since it's 7 days of progress. Plus, you'll be less tempted to ruin all that progress later on cheat day..
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    Do you have a cheat day? Weigh yourself on the morning of your cheat day..And only that day. Then, you'll see more progress since it's 7 days of progress. Plus, you'll be less tempted to ruin all that progress later on cheat day..

Ooh I dont have a cheat day...yet! It sounds like a good idea though. Thanks!
    :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily because it keeps me on track, I don't let the numbers bother me because the numbers fluctuate sometimes. :bigsmile:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I try so hard not to. :explode: i did yesterday, and then today, even tho its that time and im bloated.. i didnt like what i saw.. I have been trying to do it only 2 times a week. Its hard not to!:laugh:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher... I tried to switch to weekly, but it drove me crazy, because I didn't know if the gain I had was a true gain, or if it was water weight. I know that if I've weighed each day, and I suddenly see a 3 lb gain, it's not a true gain, and I don't worry about it.
  • ajanieva
    Options
    I was up to the point I was in the gym bathroom crying. So I have been making myself walk past the scale. Trying to not check to often.

I am 100% convinced the the scales at gyms are rigged to read higher. I've never hated myself more than when I've weighed in at the gym. :grumble: If you leave the scale unhappy you're more likely to stay motivated to renew your membership.

On the other hand, weighing it at home is a bit more comforting. I am a daily weigher and find that if I don't weigh in daily I become a bit laissez-faire about the whole eating, workout thing. I am prone to obsessiveness so it's a very hard balance to keep.

If you're not developing an ED by being obsessive and abusing yourself, I think daily weigh in's are fine. You just have to know that your body is allowed to fluctuate and that that fluctuation does NOT define you or your efforts toward health.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Ya, I'm guilty too!! :blushing:
  • dragonladey
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday also. I did not know hat you could fluctuate whole pounds everyday. I find 2-3lb difference everyday. I do get if that day is a gain day. I am trying not to do it to often but now that I know this it wont be as depressing........:ohwell:
  • DelTonious_Max
    Options
    Hadn't had a scale in the house since I was a kid. Joined MFP, bought a scale and now I'm on it first thing in the morning and right before I go to bed. :noway:

I think it's more of a "new toy" kind of thing and I find it interesting the fluctuation within a days time. Perhaps being a guy my day to day weight doesn't get to me. Before we got the scale I just judged myself by the fact that I needed new clothes.

Although it was cool seeing 210 read out on Thursday. That's been a goal point for me since Nov. If I'm still there tomorrow morning, then a new goal point will be set. 200!

So no, your not alone. :bigsmile: