I'm losing hope.......

Options
I starting to get pissed here seriously I work my butt off every day I run 45 min a day and I also try and get another 30 but I've been slacking on the pilates. I want the weight to go away I mean how long does it take? I want it to get off me now not later I run and run which doesn't bother me I like my elliptical. I just don't always have time for the pilates since I have 4 kids and my other half is at home all the time it's to cold in MN for him to be working right now. I want to get back in them itty bitty clothes. Anyway I didn't lose a pond last week not one whats with that. I just need some good old motivation I think but I'm not being my usually good self cheerleader.

Replies

• aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    I starting to get pissed here seriously I work my butt off every day I run 45 min a day and I also try and get another 30 but I've been slacking on the pilates. I want the weight to go away I mean how long does it take? I want it to get off me now not later I run and run which doesn't bother me I like my elliptical. I just don't always have time for the pilates since I have 4 kids and my other half is at home all the time it's to cold in MN for him to be working right now. I want to get back in them itty bitty clothes. Anyway I didn't lose a pond last week not one whats with that. I just need some good old motivation I think but I'm not being my usually good self cheerleader.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Some weeks I don't lose any weight other weeks I'll lose a couple of pounds. It takes time. You need to be patient and keep working at it. And once you lose and get back into itty bitty clothes you will probably have to continue to work at it. Just keep it up and the hard work will pay off.
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories?
    Do you have a HRM so you know exactly how many calories you're burning? You might be overeating on your exercise calories?
    Are you keeping track of everything that goes in your mouth?
    Are you drinking your water?
  • charlie1173
    Options
    How long did it take to put that weight on?? 1, 2...Maybe 3 days? Nope. It comes off just like it goes on.. Slowly. It happens. Just have to be patient. Remember, this isn't about getting skinny.. It's about using this website to live a healthier life. Have other goals... Not losing weight. Have goals of how long you can run, lift, etc. The weight will come off when you start to live a healthier life.. Over time... Slowly.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Just so I get it right, you joined in December and have lost 7 pounds so far, that is pretty darn good I would say. We humans are the worst for wanting things to happen yesterday. Remember it might come off slower than you want right now, but it is worth the wait, as it will be gone forever. Just to check, are you eating enough calories, cause that will hinder weight loss if you aren't eating enough :smile:
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    Yup I'm eating enough I log everything I drink 8 glasses of water or at least 6 I only eat the exercise calories when I feel hungry if I'm not I don't eat because I don't want to force feed myself. I have actually lost 20 lbs but I lost the 7 since I've been on here. I just lose patience for the whole weight lose I know this is a way of life not a diet I can live with that it's just the whole taking for ever that kills me but I guess the longer it takes to come off the longer it lasts. Thanks for all your feed back.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat your exercise calories! If your running that much it its important to replenish your body, I definitely learned that the hard way, I was running about 10 miles a day which I realized was way to much plus volleyball practice and I was only eating like 1500 calories. I should have been eating close to 3000! So yea eat a lot if your running that much, good luck! O and you may not see it on the scale all the time if your gaining muscle, which I'm sure you know. :happy:

~Leash
  • michelleisfit
    michelleisfit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to running. Seriously, I would run between 4 and 7.5 miles a day, everyday. Then I switched up my cardio because the weight wasn't coming off and that did it for me. I started losing weight again and now only run maybe 2-3 times a week and the other days I do the stairclimber, spin, bike, or the 30 day shred.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to running. Seriously, I would run between 4 and 7.5 miles a day, everyday. Then I switched up my cardio because the weight wasn't coming off and that did it for me. I started losing weight again and now only run maybe 2-3 times a week and the other days I do the stairclimber, spin, bike, or the 30 day shred.

that is true too, your body could have adjusted and you need to change it up. When you do exercise regularly your body learns to be more efficient at what you are asking it to do, so change up is good.

Have you noticed that we don't notice the weight coming on because we "choose" not to think about it, but when we are trying to lose, that is all we think about??
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    I want to encourage you to continue on with your trek. It's good to come to the MFP crew for encouragement. Good experience here.

I'm learning that there is value in eating lightly just before working out (nothing heavy) up to a couple hours ahead of working out, then eating properly afterward. Check this out:

http://health.discovery.com/centers/diet-fitness/pre-and-post-exercise-eating-tips.html

Be at peace, and just do your best...whatever that comes to. Keep that desire to learn while building on your experience, and check into the experience of the MFP, and you'll do great!

PS: One item : are you running indoors or outdoors in the cold up there in the MN?
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    I guess the longer it takes to come off the longer it lasts.

Please don't lose hope!
    You can do this. Like the others said, you may need to change up your food or your workout routine. Sometimes your body gets "immune" to everyting you're doing. I think you are right on target with what you said above. I have spent the last year dedicated to my weight loss. I did not meet my goal, but I got more than half way there, and that is a great accomplishment...just like the 20 you have already lost! It may takes us longer to get it off than we hoped for, but at least we're getting it off.
  • christahollis
    Options
    Don't lose hope!
    What you are doing is better for your body overall.
    But be aware, you should probably have your doctor check you for thyroid or other problems that might be hindering your success. For some reason, many women experience a downturn in thyroid function after a baby or two.

For me, I run (on average) 3 miles a day (or 12 miles on an eliptical...etc). I follow a pretty careful diet, and never manage to eat back all of my workout calories. BUT, I have hypothroidism...I can put on weight like a house on fire, but taking it off is a murderous, difficult, long, damn-near impossible job.

It might be a good idea to know what your body's working with--that way you can have a more realistic expectation.
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    Channel 5 NBC Chicago had a Nutritionist on. She says if you are eating your daily intake of healthy food choices with exercise and you are at a stand still... Calories need to be increased for a couple of days and to change your food menu and exercise routine. Your body gets used to the same old thing and goes into starvation mode. Take your measurements you are probably losing inches, gaining muscle which weighs more than fat... Keep up the great work. Don't get discouraged. Fast weight loss means fast weight gain. :wink:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey Aprilann! Don't give up now! You have done great. Switch up your routine some and keep on trying. We are gonna get there.......together!!!!!! I am here for ya girl!
  • Tabbi14
    Options
    :ohwell: seems like you've gotten to a plateau. You may want to trick your body. Try eating a more calories for a couple days ( dont binge! :noway: )and then go back. You also may want to try different exercises. Your body may have adapted to those. Get a new video! Dont give up.