NEED ANSWERS

I WAS WEIGHING A 140LBS AND IVE BEEN WORKING OUT DOING 1HR OF CARDIO AND 45 MINUTES OF WEIGHT TRAINING EVERYDAY I TRY TO CONSUME A 1200 CALORIE DAILY INTAKE EATING EVERY 2 TO 3 HRS SOMETIMES I REALLY DONT FEEL LIKE EATING ANY MORE SO I MIGHT BE BETWEEN 100 TO 200 CALORIES UNDER AT TIMES I GOT ON THE SCALE THIS MORNING AND IM FIVE POUNDS HEAVER THAN YESTERDAY :sad: .MY SCALE IS NOT BROKEN LIKE I WAS THINKING BECAUSE MY HUBBY WEIGHS THE SAME .WHAT COULD THIS BE FROM????

Replies

• I WAS WEIGHING A 140LBS AND IVE BEEN WORKING OUT DOING 1HR OF CARDIO AND 45 MINUTES OF WEIGHT TRAINING EVERYDAY I TRY TO CONSUME A 1200 CALORIE DAILY INTAKE EATING EVERY 2 TO 3 HRS SOMETIMES I REALLY DONT FEEL LIKE EATING ANY MORE SO I MIGHT BE BETWEEN 100 TO 200 CALORIES UNDER AT TIMES I GOT ON THE SCALE THIS MORNING AND IM FIVE POUNDS HEAVER THAN YESTERDAY :sad: .MY SCALE IS NOT BROKEN LIKE I WAS THINKING BECAUSE MY HUBBY WEIGHS THE SAME .WHAT COULD THIS BE FROM????
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I could be water and you are building muscle. Don't worry, keep up the great work and you will see a difference. For me, the inches were coming off before the weight.
    Patience and hard work.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    There's 3500 calories in one pound of fat. Unless you ate 17,500 calories over maintenance since your last weigh-in, that's not fat. :wink:
  • Muscle weighs more than fat. Unless your clothes are getting tighter, don't sweat it.
  • 2kidsandadog
    2kidsandadog Posts: 41 Member
    try only weighing yourself once a week, at the same time every week, instead of daily. You'll get a more accurate weight.
  • sezie
    sezie Posts: 26 Member
    You might be burning your body out, doing too much exercise for the amount of calories you're consuming. Could be that your body is hanging on to fat cause you're not eating enough.
  • You might be burning your body out, doing too much exercise for the amount of calories you're consuming. Could be that your body is hanging on to fat cause you're not eating enough.

Good point!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    You also need to consume the proper calorie intake. When you are exercising that much you body needs fuel. Your body will also feed from your muscle is it has nothing else to go by!

Just an FYI...
    dd
  • holly333
    holly333 Posts: 24 Member
    I posted something very similar a few days ago. I was working out more than ever and keeping the strict 1200 calories. Actually it ended up being less than 1200 because once you subtracted the calories I burned, I was well under the 1200. I too got on the scale after 5 days and found that I had gained 4 pounds. I freaked out and posted the very same question you have. I also called my doctor the next day. There were two things I was doing wrong: 1. I was eating those lean cuisine dinners--they are indeed low in calories but quite high in sodium. Sodium makes you retain water and 2. With all the exercising, I was coming in at well under 1000 calories a day. Your body goes into starvation mode at this point; basically your body holds onto any calories that you cosume as a reflex.

So the answer is you need to eat more. Watch your sodium intake. Make sure there is some fat in your diet as well. The past couple of days, I've made sure I've had a net of about 1400 calories. I've been drinking plenty of water. The 4 pounds came right back off.

That's what I'd try. I bet in a couple of days you'll be pleased. But I definitely know how you feel. I was about to cry when I stepped on that scale and saw the weight gain.

Hope this helps...
  • I too also have the same problem as far as the scale goes. I have just decided to only weigh myself once a week and to judge how I am doing as far as losing weight by the way my clothes fit.

Love your Shar Pei!
  • I think it would also be very beneficial to take your measurements every two weeks to help you