reliable scale

Options
Anyone have any recommendations for a reliable scale? I get so frustrated with mine. Depending on where I stand on it, it can fluctuate about 5 lbs. I have resorted to bobbing up and down repeatedly, and then just taking the highest reading. But honestly, when you are working so diligently, you want a scale that tells you what's really going on.

I need one that goes up past 250, as my hubby is large. Thanks.

Replies

• sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any recommendations for a reliable scale? I get so frustrated with mine. Depending on where I stand on it, it can fluctuate about 5 lbs. I have resorted to bobbing up and down repeatedly, and then just taking the highest reading. But honestly, when you are working so diligently, you want a scale that tells you what's really going on.

• réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    mine was doing this all the time, and it only showed the nearest pound, so i got one that goes up in .2 of a pound, as i need to know if i am losing :smile:
    Options
    Yes there is a good one at walmart. It is a digital one and it will weight up to 400 lbs. Also it keeps track for up to 4 people and it also keeps track of your last weight when you had weighed in. It is called Health O Meter for around $39.99.
    Options
    I forgot to add that you can go to there web site and check out there scales. Here is the web addy for the one that I use http://www.healthometer.com/productdetail.aspx?id=2853&cid=272

• Go_Duke
    Go_Duke Posts: 66
    Options
    I have a Taylor from Sams Club

I think it was $35

but it goes up to 330lbs

and it guarantees a 0.2 lb closeness

ive had mine for a yr or so and it works great
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    i bought a digital one at Target about three years ago for $19.00...works well but for about two years I didnt bother getting on it so it is pretty new
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    I find the degital ones more reliable, I just bought a Biggest loser one, and it seems to be ok..
  • DelTonious_Max
    Options
    We just got our first scale for the house a week ago. WalMart, Target or any place like that have good ones for $18-50. Digital.

Also if your house is pier and beam you may have a soft spot (board) in the floor and that could cause a little fluctuation. Make sure you have a solid base for it to sit on.
  • Schaff
    Schaff Posts: 83
    Options
    Lithium scales tend to give the most accurate reading. They are digital and you can get them at Target and Walmart for about $40
  • sunflower8926
    Options
    Thank you, everyone. I am going to try a digital Health-O-Meter, I think. I appreciate all your input.:flowerforyou:
  • aminor61
    aminor61 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I purchased mine from scale it.com. It is very affordable and you can choose a scale that will go up to 1000 lbs if you need it. Mine goes up to 500 lbs. I am not even close to that weight, but I wanted a scale that I did not fluctuate so much.:happy:
  • sunflower8926
    Options
    Thank you, everyone. I am going to try a digital Health-O-Meter, I think. I appreciate all your input.:flowerforyou:

:blushing: hmmmm...:blushing: I just realized the scale I have now IS a Health-O-Meter. But it is not digital. So.... Should I try a digital by the same company, or go with another manufacturer????:frown:
  • Go_Duke
    Go_Duke Posts: 66
    Options
    my suggestion is Taylor they say they are the leaders in Digital Scales...and Mine is always accurate