Weighing???

I weight every morning after I get out of the shower.
Pros? Cons? Ideas?

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Pro: Helps you track trends and keeps you honest with yourself
    Con: Can be obsessive or discouraging to people who want to see immediate results.

Ideas? Nope...I'm obsessive and weigh myself every morning at home, and sometimes before and after my workout when I get to the gym.

Whatever keeps you on track is what you should stick with!
  • I don't like to weight right out of the shower because I feel like my wet hair will add weight - ha! :) Nor do I like to do it every day because I will see too many fluctuations. But it's good to always do it at the same time of day.
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    I weigh every morning right out of bed.

I only record once a week.

I understand and expect fluctuations daily.
  • I weigh myself every day after my work out, but that's just me obsessing because I can't seem to lose this darn weight!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I think its ok if the higher weight days do not get you down.

I weigh myself a couple of time a week but only record one weigh in on Friday or Saturday. I weigh in before I shower or eat anything.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    I weigh myself on Saturday Morning....that's it.....
  • bugsygal89
    bugsygal89 Posts: 48 Member
    hahaha i weigh myself all the time. I tend to think that the most accurate time for you to weigh yourself is in the afternoon, before you've eaten a meal.

It's okay to weigh yourself daily to keep track buuuuut just remember that weighing yourself on a day-to-day basis may drive you crazy because it won't show you weight loss very well.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    I weigh every morning. I fell like it keeps me honest and gives me a good indication of what works for me and what doesn't work.

But you do have to be careful to not let any gains, losses, or maintains give you the wrong idea. Keep a positive attitude and don't let it consume you. Yesterday, the scale said I lost .6 pounds. Today it said I was the same weight. Can't let that effect me and just have to keep going as I normally do.

I do recommend only logging your weight once a week at the same time/day so you can't get an accurate track over time without little spikes that don't really matter.